Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Perfect Idea for PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Nen

03-04-2012

Make all skins available for purchase so that there is an incentive to actually play on the PBE.

vLemon

QA Analyst

03-04-2012

Quote:
Gryon:
Make all skins available for purchase so that there is an incentive to actually play on the PBE.

But we don't want ppl who come to pbe for skins and champs. They are the kind of ppl who will do customs when they tell us to test ranked and the ppl that won't spectate not even one game although we are testing spectator.

Being able to experience new content before everyone else and support the free game you love should be enough.

Either way we don't have a low traffic issue lately on the server. Right now there are more than 50 ppl in public chat and it's been 10 days since we got the last patch. If we had information about what to test there would probably be more players in.

Captain Nen

03-04-2012

Quote:
vLemon:
But we don't want ppl who come to pbe for skins and champs. They are the kind of ppl who will do customs when they tell us to test ranked and the ppl that won't spectate not even one game although we are testing spectator.

Being able to experience new content before everyone else and support the free game you love should be enough.

Either way we don't have a low traffic issue lately on the server. Right now there are more than 50 ppl in public chat and it's been 10 days since we got the last patch. If we had information about what to test there would probably be more players in.

We get new content before everyone? That explains why Heartseeker vayne isn't purchasable or why Fiona is locked. It also explains why Vandal gragas and the new Orianna skin are in the store too.

Oh wait...

DrChubs

03-04-2012

Quote:
Gryon:
We get new content before everyone? That explains why Heartseeker vayne isn't purchasable or why Fiona is locked. It also explains why Vandal gragas and the new Orianna skin are in the store too.

Oh wait...

if you read the whole post right, then you would see he didn't mean skins and champs. He meant stat changes on champions.

DanSparrow

03-04-2012

If you need an "incentive" to come here, then you're in the wrong place. You play PBE if you want to help developers to fix the game faster. That's all the incentive a real player needs.

Asking for more than that, is being quite a noob spoiled kids wanting to test things for free before their mommy gives them the money to buy RP.

So, if you think you're a real player, just forget this absurd idea.

Captain Nen

03-04-2012

Quote:
xDaNx:
If you need an "incentive" to come here, then you're in the wrong place. You play PBE if you want to help developers to fix the game faster. That's all the incentive a real player needs.

Asking for more than that, is being quite a noob spoiled kids wanting to test things for free before their mommy gives them the money to buy RP.

So, if you think you're a real player, just forget this absurd idea.

Irony is I've spent over 200 dollars on this game. But sure you're totally right, I mean a whole 50 people out of 3 million is a ton right?

DaMiTzNhan

03-04-2012

Check out all those glitched with Fiora.
Shame Riot doesn't have a test server...

DrChubs

03-04-2012

Quote:
Gryon:
my mommy spent over 200 dollars on this game. But sure you're totally right, I mean a whole 50 people out of 3 million is a ton right?

fixed that for you

vLemon

QA Analyst

03-05-2012

Gyron we had spectator, drop in spectator, ranked teams, new ninja tabis, ionic spark in sr, shen rework, and most of the changed of the last patch before the normal server. That is the content we got before anyone else did.

I personally don't even care if I will experience something first. I am in the beta since the beginning because I love the game and I think this is a good way to contribute to it and by it I mean the developers and the community. It is give or take the same reason for which I participate in the tribunal.

Gladly there are 50 - 100 more people who feel like me. We will make stupid games which are not fun to play just to test if an animation is working right. We will wait for 2-3 hours for the patch to be ready. We will write reports that are a page long. Not because these things are fun all the time, but because we want to help.

So pardon me if I don't want anymore kids that come to the beta server for the free champs and the free skins. There are enough of those already and they usually don't help testing.

For example when they told us to test ranked teams, they opened for first time the sign-ups without invites. We had 80 summoners in the public chat at all times. I would be in a team of 5 and we would have to practically beg the rest 75 to make one more team so we could test the matchmaking ( = the thing we had to test). I had to wait for an hour in queue many times while ppl did customs. Ofc most of those players raged, found out Taco Storm isn't a regular beta player, or thought that waiting 10 minutes for a game was too long and left after a couple of weeks.

Do I want this to repeat itself? No. That's why I don't want Riot to advertise PBE as a server that gives you back RP for your main account or skins that were available only for few days etc. If after a long time they decide to reward us by (just passed through my mind) a new special Soraka skin for the active testers (meaning ppl who played and posted bug reports) I will say thank you and take it, but I don't want it as a bait for new ppl.

As a last thing I want to add, some skins are limited and rare because you can't buy them anymore. I believe that if they gave them for free in the beta server, the people who actually bought them would be mad and for a good reason. Since you have spent a lot of money on the game I imagine you can understand that.

vLemon

QA Analyst

03-05-2012

Oh and btw, Gragas after the new patch would have given you a bugsplat. It probably had to do with adding the information of the skin on the server, even if it was disabled. Thank god some idiots spent an hour testing every champ just to find who caused and error.