Is warmogs AND frozen mallet+ atmas good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Dr Guy Man

03-04-2012

JW, i see people do this, but wouldn't it kind of counter yourself if they went madreds? I mean the ad carry would kind of eat you if yo u did this and he got a bloodrazer right? But on champions like olaf it seems so op. JW

DraftierCarrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

ppl never realize that the bloodzaroz does 4% of health in "magic" damage, so if the person with these items just gets some magic resist its problem solved

Best Mid Nordic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

If I build that much health, I typically build a FoN as well for the health regen, which pretty much nulifies most on hit items.
Also, if the ad carry does build a MBR, they're wasting money. No source of magic pen makes it pitiful, and my ad carry will have invested in more cost efficient items.

Killer10347

03-04-2012

It's really not worth getting on most champions. Kog'maw is an acception. Since you're not building any mpen items on most carries, the 4% of their health in damage is reduced to about 2%. Lets say they have 4000 health with this build. That's 80 damage per hit. Not too bad, but not that great if you have other targets that are squishy and take priority.

Oh and I get voidstaff on AD Kog.

Best Mid Nordic

03-04-2012

Wouldn't mpen boots, or a malady be more cost efficient? Or hybrid pen runes, and save the slot all together.

Dwarfling

03-04-2012

No because most AD carries don't go MBR. They prefer to go Last Whisper + more AD/Crit to kill you and your squishier buddies with bigger numbers. Because MBR it's very expensive and does magic damage which you won't have the MPen for. Also that magic damage doesn't proc lifesteal.

Neadim

03-04-2012

if i remember well,there was a huge math thread a few months back that stated that
after 3,5k hp its better to build armor or magic resist

i dont remember how it was proven and i cant find the link but thats what i remember

Mr Dr Guy Man

03-04-2012

thnx for replies

Warrrrax

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftierCarrot View Post
ppl never realize that the bloodzaroz does 4% of health in "magic" damage, so if the person with these items just gets some magic resist its problem solved
This has got to be one of the stupidest things Ive heard lately. By that logic, AD carries do "physical" damage, so just get some armor its problem solved!

--------
Anyways, the answer is that "Bloodzaroz" is very rarely an actual threat. It is mostly theoretical, like a boogyman told to people: OMG, don't stack health or the Bloodzaroz will get you!!111

Heres the truth:

Only the AD carry has the option of bloodzaroz. The AP wont take it. The bruiser/jungler goes Warmog/Atmas, with no room for it.

Any AD carry is going to build CRIT, AS, AD. Their autoattack damage increases exponentially due to IE giving a 260% modifier (with mastery) as they build up. It would be IDIOCY for them to take a bloodzaroz (which deals NON-critting magical damage) instead of just getting another bloodthirster or whatever other AD item. A champ with 2 PDs and an IE and bloodthirster has 300 AD @ 2.0 AS @90% crit = 1500 ish DPS. Do you think they care about you getting 700 extra health from mallet?!?

Only an ON-HIT champ will have the option of bloodzaroz. Like a oldstyle teemo or a Kog Maw or Kayle. Even these guys go AD nowdays due to new metagame.

----------
So, feel free to take Mallet and Warmog. However, keep in mind that you will generally get more effective health from taking armor and magic resistance instead if you take warmog already. I'd stick with the phage and make sure you have armor/MR first if you are solely tanking. A 3200 health champ with 200armor,150MR is much better than a 3900 health with 100/80.
Also, stacking health like that doesn't really increase your threat or offensive value either, so keep that in mind. You may need cooldown reduction more instead for example.

CrazyBolas

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
This has got to be one of the stupidest things Ive heard lately. By that logic, AD carries do "physical" damage, so just get some armor its problem solved!

--------
Anyways, the answer is that "Bloodzaroz" is very rarely an actual threat. It is mostly theoretical, like a boogyman told to people: OMG, don't stack health or the Bloodzaroz will get you!!111

Heres the truth:

Only the AD carry has the option of bloodzaroz. The AP wont take it. The bruiser/jungler goes Warmog/Atmas, with no room for it.

Any AD carry is going to build CRIT, AS, AD. Their autoattack damage increases exponentially due to IE giving a 260% modifier (with mastery) as they build up. It would be IDIOCY for them to take a bloodzaroz (which deals NON-critting magical damage) instead of just getting another bloodthirster or whatever other AD item. A champ with 2 PDs and an IE and bloodthirster has 300 AD @ 2.0 AS @90% crit = 1500 ish DPS. Do you think they care about you getting 700 extra health from mallet?!?

Only an ON-HIT champ will have the option of bloodzaroz. Like a oldstyle teemo or a Kog Maw or Kayle. Even these guys go AD nowdays due to new metagame.

----------
So, feel free to take Mallet and Warmog. However, keep in mind that you will generally get more effective health from taking armor and magic resistance instead if you take warmog already. I'd stick with the phage and make sure you have armor/MR first if you are solely tanking. A 3200 health champ with 200armor,150MR is much better than a 3900 health with 100/80.
Also, stacking health like that doesn't really increase your threat or offensive value either, so keep that in mind. You may need cooldown reduction more instead for example.
I'm evaluating Jax jungle builds for summoner's rift. Here's the ones I'm considering so far (open to suggestions)

Vampiric Scepter > Wriggle's Lantern
Mercury's Treads
Phage
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Infinity Edge

Vampiric Scepter > Wriggle's Lantern
Mercury's Treads
Zeal, Phage > Trinity Force
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler
Infinity Edge

First build is cheaper. Second build is a bit more powerful but seems to have trouble getting to the end, even in long games.