Help With Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

03-04-2012

I generally farm okay, and I usually get my Q up to ~80-100 stacks by the 30 minute mark. However, even when getting great farm, I don't seem to be doing as much in team fights as I should.

I use to play by the belief the Nasus is a tanky, supporting, 3 second bruiser and I build him accordingly. Boots (Generally Mercs), Sheen/Trinity, Kindlegem/Spirit_Visage/Soul_Shroud, Atmogs, Glacial_Shroud/Frozen_Heart, Force of Nature. The play style is to sometimes initiate with the Ult running, throw down E and gimp the enemy AD Carry with W and then bruise an enemy squishy as hard as I can. The main problem is that I can never seem to take down the enemy squishy in a large team fight unless we're winning the fight (i.e., started by ganking and taking down or hurting an enemy or two) or if my team-mates have already weakened him by at least 20% of his HP or if we're focusing the squishy. (Maybe I should refocus after the rest of my team engages and they're not targeting the squishy I pick)

However, I believe a better way of using Nasus might be found. I can see that Nasus has a scary BD ability, especially when tanky. This makes me think he might be able to do more damage with a bit more focus on DPS and less on being a tank.

I'm thinking:
Boots(More Zerkers), Sheen/Trinity, Atmogs, Black Cleaver, ???
More specifically, I'm tossing up between a a Starks Fervour (Zeke's Herald), Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, a Second Trinity, Frozen Heart (situational), Spirit Visage (probably not) and Soul Shroud (probably not)
Not nearly as tanky and much easier to burst down, but Bruises like a b****.

Captain iNji

03-04-2012

U should have 100 by 20-25minute mark

GOD SlN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

I think you should have closer to +450 on your Q on Nasus by 30 minutes. And if you do a lot more than you think if you wither the enemy AD carry and ult then proceed to SS squishies every 3 seconds.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

as all other people had mentioned, you should have 300 (or 100 cs) stack on the SS by 20 minutes

Any slower and you are messing you, and your team up.

CaptainScrubberz

03-04-2012

Aside from the farm black cleaver isnt that strong on nasus Trinity / Atmogs are both good items if your going to go bruiser and not tank. You could go with BTs or a IE as well

Hyfe

Ksielvin

03-05-2012

Try playing Exhaust Ghost, or at least one of them. These summoners can help you brute force things when they're up. Wither into Exhaust into Wither on the carry is an option. I generally build Zeal as higher priority than Phage because Nasus generally needs to think about reaching more than sticking. Remember that movement speed also often translates into extra attacks on moving targets.

That helps to reach a carry in the backline. But should you? If they're elusive (like flashing over walls), you can just zone them to the point where they can only hit you. Meanwhile you're still next to rest of their team dealing health% based aoe damage to tanks and bruisers, and lowering armors and resists. Your AD is stacking up from the ult damage and both ult and ghost last a while. Just wait 1-2 seconds and the carry comes back in to hit something, while your Wither cooldown refreshes. Now go get them. Or run to survive after making them only target you while you helped your team kill their team.

Working with your team's cc and targeting any squishy is fine of course. Do try to get the Wither on auto attackers if it's not needed to get a pick, though. The AS slow is a big deal.

Another option to reach the enemy backline is flanking them to approach from the side or even behind. Flash is often better here to get over a wall. You need to have a strong insight into where and how the fight will develop and make sure you don't come in when it's already lost. If you ran Teleport for your lane then help ward around and maybe you get a tp into good position when fight starts.

In short, your counter to their positioning and timing is your own different but equally good positioning and timing.

cpandarun

03-05-2012

Spirit Visage and Soul Shroud are weaker armors. Your sustain isn't that great and visage doesn't make it godly or anything. If you just built Trinity Mallet Atmas that would be strong but that's late game. As Nasus I don't think you should ever not build a defensive shoe because your generally very easy to kite.

Ksielvin

03-05-2012

If I felt neither Tabi or Mercs is appropriate vs the enemy team (or even just my lane), I'd probably build Ionians. Even swiftness and mobility are probably better choices than greaves, now that I think about it. I'm very used to building greaves on carries though so they have probably slipped into my Nasus build in some game.

Thané

03-05-2012

If you want a different Nasus build, I use a cdr Q farm build that destroys most of the time.

Cdr/lvl Quints and blues, mana regen yellow, and Armor pen red. I pick up cdr boots and sheen as the first two items, and build tank after that, finishing up the triforce after 2 tanks items usually.

You are definitley squisher early, but you are able to farm entire waves with your Q. A good benchmark is usually 100 dmg for every 10 mintues.

In one wither, you can get at least 3 Q's off against champions, and by the time wither falls off, there is only another second or 2 before you can cast it again.

The only problem ive had with this build is going oom very quickly, but if you have a team that lets you get blue you will be unstoppable.