Zilean OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misticaltom View Post
WAIT A MINIUTE, did you suggest Jarvan wasn't that strong?

He can gank anybody from the jungle, in any lane! He has a leap-ult AND a knock up combo, he can grab assists just by droping his Aura Flag around the area, his passive add's 8% of someones current health in magic damage, he has a slow/shield as a final tool in his kit!

He's this great chasing wall jumpin foo, he can build tanky and deal great cc, or build damage and be a strong Brusier, and lastly he can get a little Atmogs going and show you respectable damage and tnakiness.
Oh, and his lance loweres Armor by like, 22% at max rank, lower armor stinks.

While Soraka and Sona are the queen's of support, Zillian lacks the damage and healing, but has the shear utillity to be quite annoying
I should really respond to this, so I will.

There is no doubt he is strong, but he is NOT overpowered. All you did here is list his skills and attributes, I can do the SAME THING to Eve and make her sound OP.

Sure, Jarv has all that armor, and some nice auras, but send Kog up to him and he blows up like anyone else.

smilesmay

03-17-2012

ap zilean so fun to play mid... better nerf irelia

woahjangles

03-17-2012

AP Zilean mid is a guaranteed level 3 kill.

I0N

03-18-2012

zilean not op at all hes decent at best LOL

A 7 Year Old

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilltestingman View Post
A riven calling zilean op?

What is this world coming to
^

MarhsallLee67

11-19-2013

a champion where you basically have to just bang your head against the keyboard to get to challenger is calling a champion w/ only one damaging ability OP?

that's not hypocritical at all.

HoN owns LoL

11-19-2013

try support zilean it's more OP than mid

Artist Bogrim

11-19-2013

Unfortunately Zilean does not survive to see the late game he's so good at. If you play Zilean, you'll notice his extreme lack of health - the simple counter to a Zilean is to just kill him and he'll have no choice but to ult himself. As a mid laner, there isn't really any champion that doesn't shred Zilean hard and deny him cs completely. As support, Zilean lacks the sustain to stay in the lane with his low health and every other support also shreds him to pieces.

I know that the phrase "if you play Zilean good" seems to make a decent point, but what you're really trying to say is "if you play Zilean *better* than your opponent" because in reality, any situation where Zilean and his opponent are equally skilled the poor wizard of time gets killed.

Zilean's problem is he is incredibly low ranged for a guy with no real form of defense. His bombs are annoying, but unless he's fed they really aren't going to kill anybody and he ends up taking more damage in return because it takes 4 seconds for the damage to kick in (4 seconds of regen + potions ticking). He can speed boost/slow to escape, but it's not strong enough to account for his lack of CC. His ultimate is awesome, but ultimately he sacrifices too much utility for targetable GA where as other mid laners/supports just keep people alive by either nuking their enemies or disrupting the enemy team.

I would love to see Zilean become viable again, but for that to happen his kit would need a slight buff in the early levels and he needs a considerable health boost to stay alive. As a mid laner, you have to imagine Zilean going against mid laners like Gragas, Zed, Orianna and all the other competitive picks. As a support, you have to imagine Zilean making plays against supports like Thresh, Lulu, Zyra and all the other monsters that support these days.