Zilean OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misticaltom

03-04-2012

WAIT A MINIUTE, did you suggest Jarvan wasn't that strong?

He can gank anybody from the jungle, in any lane! He has a leap-ult AND a knock up combo, he can grab assists just by droping his Aura Flag around the area, his passive add's 8% of someones current health in magic damage, he has a slow/shield as a final tool in his kit!

He's this great chasing wall jumpin foo, he can build tanky and deal great cc, or build damage and be a strong Brusier, and lastly he can get a little Atmogs going and show you respectable damage and tnakiness.
Oh, and his lance loweres Armor by like, 22% at max rank, lower armor stinks.

While Soraka and Sona are the queen's of support, Zillian lacks the damage and healing, but has the shear utillity to be quite annoying

Slashinghardest

03-05-2012

I rarely take someone who can heal as a support, I normally take someone purely for harassing and zoning. Bot as "support" position I normally play Mundo, Kayle, Zilean or others who can easily harass I find it just works better then having a "healer". Having two sources of consistent damage pretty much gives you the lane .

Burrial

03-05-2012

This thread cemented my decision to buy Zilean today. I've been drooling over him for a while now.

I'm a little worried about the learning curve with him though. Looks like a lot of timing is involved with his abilities.

Tokinatoor

03-05-2012

hes a fun champ thats super cheap!

Zil + mundo = OP

Mundo's R continues to heal mundo during Zill's ult.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrial View Post
This thread cemented my decision to buy Zilean today. I've been drooling over him for a while now.

I'm a little worried about the learning curve with him though. Looks like a lot of timing is involved with his abilities.
Yeah timing is somewhat important, but if you get a friend or two to play with you they learn how to utilize Zilean's utility and it becomes less important.

But you WILL need to practice that last minute save.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Zil isn't too hard to learn. You do need to know how to smartcast to play him though. If you're not smart casting ults and whatever combo of q/w/q q/e/w/q combo you're using, you're not going to be fast enough.

Most people here talk about Zil support, but hes actually not a bad AP carry either. His last hitting is hard to get the hang of, but once you do, hes pretty strong.

SentinelOfPain

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElf View Post
Zil isn't too hard to learn. You do need to know how to smartcast to play him though. If you're not smart casting ults and whatever combo of q/w/q q/e/w/q combo you're using, you're not going to be fast enough.

Most people here talk about Zil support, but hes actually not a bad AP carry either. His last hitting is hard to get the hang of, but once you do, hes pretty strong.
Playing him carry is pretty funny because of all the health someone gets after a revive, but here's my problem with Zil as a carry:

He has ONE damage technique. He can use it twice because of his w, but that assumes that you are still in range after the initial bomb placement. Once you blow that, you have no more damage or sustain, and if you didn't build enough CD well you better still have your e and r up or else you'll be focused and destroyed.

Most advanced Zil players know not to blow their w to bomb combo because of this. It's usually better to use for escapes (cooldown your e) or to CD your ult overtime. Early game however, is a different story, because that early damage burst is amazing.

Besides, AP carries usually don't do as well as AD carries. AP carries seem to just fall off unless you build absurd amounts of magic pen, which in turn leaves you deciding whether or not you want that Rabadons for damage or Rylais for surviveability.

Haen

03-05-2012

Exactly, which is why you have to win the early game if you're playing Zil mid. Its doable and its not a terrible way to go. Plus, late game, your ult does so well that if your AD carry is farmed properly, you use ult on them and just wreck the other team.

As for roles, typically your AD carry is always going to do more damage. But for most AP carries, doing the most damage isn't their job. Its to very quickly burst and remove someone from the fight. AD carries are your sustained damage, AP, your burst. Obviously there are exceptions, Karthus immediately comes to mind. Just speaking in general.

Quick Rawr

03-05-2012

Every time I see a Zilean on the enemy team I cheer because I personally don't feel that he is as useful as several other champion choices.

SoggyBeyblade

03-05-2012

How to win and make people mad with Zilean:
1. Download Autohotkey and set a keybinding for laughing (/laugh)
2. Get 1350IP and buy Zilean
3. Get some decent AP runes
4. Give them 2-3 bombs just to make them made
5. Activate your keybind and laugh at them
6. Troll them with your ult
7. Slow them so that your AD carry can (censored) pwn them
8. 'OMG ZILEAN OP **** U MAN I HATE U. U ARE SO ANNOYING OMG'
9. Activate your keybind more
10. Haf fun