Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trundle solo top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1494f3069beb3f0cd3794

03-03-2012

I recently picked up Trundle and i find him both strong and enjoyable to play. I know he is mostly played as jungler but i would like tips for solo top + good and bad match ups.

BrotherCaine

03-03-2012

Everything about Trundle beats Garen. Thats a great matchup right there, the only modification is that rabid bite needs to pre loaded when you go into trade or you'll be locked out by silence - auto attacking then biting won't work.

IS1494f3069beb3f0cd3794

03-03-2012

What about common solo top picks like Irelia, Riven, Udyr, Rumble?

LexCor

03-06-2012

He can survive, but it's unlikely he'll push anyone out of lane. His poke is weak and makes him vulnerable, his sustain is a little TOO passive to hold much lane control on his own and bounce back from a bad trade off.
That being said, if your jungler can help you with an early gank you can snowball and prep for late game carrying. But he's a risky solo top if you have an unreliable or unfamiliar jungler.