[Video] Dealing with Talon as Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koi Nami Only

1 Week Ago

I just wanted to post a quick little replay on how I've been dealing with temp stealthed champions like Rengar, Kha'Zix, Talon, Vayne, and Twitch. There are others but I'm sure you might be able to figure this out.
To start things off, I'm no pro and I'm low elo (Gold V atm) but I've found this trick pretty useful (esp against Akali's Twilight Shroud).
Talon had been pretty much picking people off and started making fights 4v5 in favor of his team (as assassins should) so I decided to wait for him to engage in the battle (in this clip, I knew he'd be coming in from the right side) then threw my ult, pinked his stealth and went for the bubble but wukong already used his ult. Talon was down to about 30% hp without getting a single auto off, pushing this baron bait fight to a 4v5 best case scenario for the enemy team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vnQ2f2VEKQ

Mich567

1 Week Ago

Unfortunately, Nami is one of not that many champions who can do this effectively.
SotD, Youmuu's Hamblade, Infinite Ledge together are pretty damn hard to deal with. It's a good tip.
I've been seeing a pretty noticeable rise in Talon play lately, and I'm wondering if it's just because of the Leblanc silence nerf (Sigil of Malice, hue) or if there's more.

Salidfingers

1 Week Ago

That talon was just bad.

If he engaged with Ult he wouldn't be doing any effective amount of damage, Like not at all.....

So I looked him up and he is doing very poor as Talon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich567 View Post
Unfortunately, Nami is one of not that many champions who can do this effectively.
SotD, Youmuu's Hamblade, Infinite Ledge together are pretty damn hard to deal with. It's a good tip.
I've been seeing a pretty noticeable rise in Talon play lately, and I'm wondering if it's just because of the Leblanc silence nerf (Sigil of Malice, hue) or if there's more.
I hate that everyone is flocking to one of my mids. Good thing when they do i pick champions that they can't just burst down and just feed me :P

Koi Nami Only

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salidfingers View Post
That talon was just bad.

If he engaged with Ult he wouldn't be doing any effective amount of damage, Like not at all.....

So I looked him up and he is doing very poor as Talon.
Even if he were bad, it still works and is a good thing to keep in mind vs stealthed opponents.

Salidfingers

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi Nami Only View Post
Even if he were bad, it still works and is a good thing to keep in mind vs stealthed opponents.
Fair enough

You did well catching the talon and it could have been a Rengar which some people say no counter play. I just see it as a bad example.

Sorry.

Koi Nami Only

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salidfingers View Post
Fair enough

You did well catching the talon and it could have been a Rengar which some people say no counter play. I just see it as a bad example.

Sorry.
Na it's fine. And for Rengar, I would either need prior information (vision) of where he's coming from or force fights around Pink wards (or pink right when you see the ! on top of any of your team mates' heads). The only stealth champion I have consistent issues with is Eve.