Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How come Demarcia has no mages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icenix

07-29-2010

because mages aren't manly.

is garen manly? yes he is, even poppy is manly

aw man someone said it before i did ;_;

FoxieVixen

07-29-2010

IF you pay attention to the way it works.
Demacia promotes their very rigid society and anything outside of their accepted behavior is punished severely.
As with things like Mundo, Its evident that they frown upon anything that isn't completely "Honorable" while Noxus looks at the strive for power as a good thing and accepts it.
Basically all the badass powerhouses and casters migrate to Noxus since Demacia says they can't be badass due to it breaking Rule number 358271859 of their rulebook.

Stormsoul

07-29-2010

Quote:
Zeta:
Demarcia Champions: Garen, Poppy, Xin Zhao, Twisted Fate.

Noxian Champions: Warwick, Singed, Katarina, Sion, Mordekaiser, Mundo, Vladimir.

Noxus has significantly more Champions and a greater variety.

In general, also, most mages in the game use black magic of some sort - Veigar, Karthus, Morgana, Fiddlesticks, Malzahar, Evelynn . . .

Is magic inherently evil/corrupting in Runeterra? Are there no schools of magic in Demarcia?

Demacia is full of bosses. Take poppy for example. She slams people into walls, then bashes them in the face with a massive hammer, so she is clearly a boss.

Garen spins right round baby right round and thrusts giant swords from heaven into people that are close to death, so he is clearly a boss.

Xin Zhao is a dynasty warrior, which automatically makes him a boss.

Now, take a mage. Is throwing multicolored balls at people boss-like? I think not.

Is hiding behind your team, so the bad men with swords wont hurt you, boss-like? I think not.

It's quite simple really.

Sarikitty

07-29-2010

De-Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

WakkJonMobil

07-29-2010

What about Annie? Wasn't she from a Noxian family that fled? That doesn't mean she's for Demacia though...

I think most of the mages are from Zaun or just rogue.