Why are people such bad sports when they win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOE Odin Borson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

Maybe it's just me, but when I play I tend to congratulate those that just won. I say GG and compliment whoever I thought on their team did I really good job. Why then do I here comments like "You pussies". "You're a ***." "Why are you so gay?".
I played high school sports and rarely does this happen unless the losers are poor sports. This online community needs some anger management and life counseling. No need to act that way when you win and they say GG. Losing is bad enough no reason for this in any community.
If I'm wrong here please let me know. Honestly I don't think it is wrong to be a good sport about losing and not like the verbal harassment from my opponents though.

C0rruptsmurf

03-01-2012

I agree. Even stuff like "TOO EASY" or spamming "gg" 8-10 times at the end of the match is just bad taste.

Feminist Leona

03-01-2012

Part of it is that I think people feel sometimes their games are too hard won. For example, you are crushing early game and then you have three bad team fights in a row. You actually start losing the game, but your play was terrific. You rage at and browbeat your team into sticking together and barely extract a win from between your butt cheeks. As a result, you feel entitled to rage at the other team, saying "haha you suck, you threw the game, ajajajajaja" etc. So that's one thing.

But ya, all and all it's a crappy behavior. People with that attitude really should just go play Halo. It would improve that community.

Mishakal2

03-01-2012

Does it not take away form your win if you only won cause they are bad? Is that they only way you can win? I think it's self defeating on top of poor sportsmanship.

Serphs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-01-2012

Because this is the internet, and they feel safe spitting out random threats.

NekoAzusa

03-01-2012

Because the Lol community is full of 12 year olds.

Queen Sejuani

03-01-2012

That's basically the same thing that happens to me. No matter how hard I win or how hard I lose. I always say "gg wp" as in "good game, well played" but I really hate those kids that just win and go "TOO EASY GTFO U R SO BAD K!LL URSLEF NAO n00bLET"

Like seriously? You won and that's about it, there is no reason to be obnoxious about it.

FOE Odin Borson

03-01-2012

Would anyone from Riot be willing to start a que for people that have never raged or agree to harsh punishment for ragers? Maybe even make a 50 game minimum or more to be able to use that que? Not sure how possible but would be cool if there was a safe place to play.

CG Baltulas

03-02-2012

No matter what you do it seems theirs that one person on the enemy team who likes to go "GG noobs". Win or lose. I just que with 3 or more friends so we at least give the enemy team incentive to not be huge jerks.

Donthealme

03-02-2012

Don't forget 99% of the other games the losing team starts trash talking at some point, so people reciprocate it when the scoreboard verifies it