Energy added to the Utility tree

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

splicedrice

07-29-2010

So many of the talents in the Util tree are buffs to mana and mana regen
I think it would be nice to add energy to these skills as well so it is more viable for the ninjas to spec util if they wanted as well.
Obviously it would have a much smaller effect as energy pools are smaller and regen faster...but it would be nice for at least a little something for the ninjas.

I know there are other cooldown related and hp based skill heroes as well...i just think it would be nice for it to be somehow more viable for all of them rather than have to dance around talents that have mana in them

thoughts?

Kaoculus

07-29-2010

so shen can be even better in lane? do you think shen is a bad character or something, lol.

SuicidalPankake

07-29-2010

Because shen is the only one who uses energy- no wait, no he isnt.

I'd like to see at least SOMETHING for the energy users in the utility tree. Im having a real hell of a time trying to find a good mastery balance with Akali, since I cant even get to the second tier in utility without wasting a point in a mana based mastery (i dont use ghost or teleport).

FoxieVixen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

In all honesty I always look at items then go "I would feel bad buying it, Gives me mana which I don't use. ._."

Zenehre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalPankake View Post
Because shen is the only one who uses energy- no wait, no he isnt.

I'd like to see at least SOMETHING for the energy users in the utility tree. Im having a real hell of a time trying to find a good mastery balance with Akali, since I cant even get to the second tier in utility without wasting a point in a mana based mastery (i dont use ghost or teleport).
for Akali go 9/21/0 you dont waste any points in Defence, and if you run exhaust, you wont waste any points in offense either. Its really the only way to spec her and not have wasted points. Your survival especially early game goes way up, and your offense barely changes.

Kennen is the one who would really love some Utility tree love.

Exxodus

07-29-2010

The amount of champs that use energy is such a small % of the whole that making additions and balancing changes to a mastery tree which is accessible by everyone and every hero in use would require so much more work than its worth. Also, I agree with Zen in that kennen is the only one that really could warrant any sort of energy pool modifications. Maybe if we see more enrgy based heros introduced this could become a viable thing to do, but until then just be thankful you dont have to worry about running out and having to blue pill to get more.

splicedrice

07-29-2010

agreed some energy users or non mana users it would be a lot more fun to spec util than others...but the real point to me is being able to go whatever tree you want without dancing around so many skills that would benefit you in no way at all.

it would be nice to fit more into a role you want or tree you want...if not for anything else just for fun and to suit your play style

SuicidalPankake

07-29-2010

Yeah, I have the 9 in offense, and it looks like I'm going to have to put the rest in defense... But those higher tier utility masteries (increased movespeed, less cooldown % on summoer spells and a flat cooldown reduction on flash come to mind) would benefit the ninja playstyle more.

Rustd

07-29-2010

There are runes that can increase energy regen or base energy.
I know were talking about masteries but still, its not like energy champions are completely left in the dust.