Last Whisper - worth it still?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rotten roman

07-29-2010

I have been playing some physical DPS as of late, and I've been trying to work some builds in for them.

I have heard in the past that Last Whisper was a very cheap and effective source of damage, from all aspects of the item. But with the recent changes, should I still get this item? Or should I still with a Starks or Ghostblade instead? Both have very good stats themselves, but their armor penetration seems exceptionally lacking....

Please and thank you.

PS - this thread might not have been necessary if there was a search option.

Bainemo

07-29-2010

Last whisper is awesome.

A potatoe

07-29-2010

^What he said.

Also for your search problem, try this : http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=173287

Cherry Cola

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I always thought it was good for getting v towers.

cheeseits

07-29-2010

My main issue with LW is that it is greatly weakened by BC, one of the best pure dmg items in the game.

If you get AS anywhere else in your build/character and are not vs a tankey team (LW becomes more effective from an arpen PoV at >150 armor), I would say avoid it.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Last Whisper costs: 1965
Long Sword costs: 415
Recurve Bow costs: 1050

415 + 1050 = 1465
1965 - 1465 = 500

So for 500 gold you get 40% Armor Penetration. In other words, it is very cost efficient, particularly on champions that have naturally high armor scaling, or are stacking armor. Also good for taking down towers.

PNgo

07-29-2010

LW's attack speed and armor pen is awesome for downing towers.

Shineinei

07-29-2010

Last whisper is a very good item because of the low cost. It gives you a decent amount of atk spd and good armor pen but dont forget about the bonus dmg as everything counts

Ginka Zanmai

07-29-2010

Last whisper is a great anti-tank weapon. However, it's more of a late game item. I see many people rushing LW as their "First" dps item, and not realizing that on most heroes it's very bad. I suppose they must really like the attack speed part of LW.

I seem to get Brutalizer -> Starks -> Yomuu's and the game ends around there. Seems like you're on the right track, so keep doing whatever you're doing. Too many times I see Carries not get a single armor reduction item and berzerker greaves.

Whom

07-29-2010

It's good if you need the attack speed. If you're someone like Trist or Twitch and you have built-in attack speed, BC is better unless people are really stacking a ton of armor (and I mean really stacking).