Elo should consider games played

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I'm really not in the mood to write a few paragraphs. I'll give you the tl;dr version.

If the players on my team have less than 10 ranked wins, except for me, with my 35...

I should not be playing against a team that has no one under 20 ranked wins, one of them having 88 wins.

I do not have a 50% chance to win during this game. It is significantly less.

You want us to have a 50% chance to win our games. You're not doing a very good job.

Slogra

07-29-2010

It's not about pure wins per se. It's about Elo measuring who you lose to and win against. Also consider that someone with 88 games won and 88 games lost is probably a much worse player than someone with, let's says, 50 wins and 25 losses. So that guys with 88 wins may play much more, but it looks like he hasn't learned that much for all his gaming, based on your own wins and losses.

Anzolix

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogra View Post
It's not about pure wins per se. It's about Elo measuring who you lose to and win against. Also consider that someone with 88 games won and 88 games lost is probably a much worse player than someone with, let's says, 50 wins and 25 losses. So that guys with 88 wins may play much more, but it looks like he hasn't learned that much for all his gaming, based on your own wins and losses.
^this

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Quote:
Unless he's just another poor sap getting dragged down by all of the bads in solo queue. Regardless, the experience is valuable. If that guy has played 176 games, 88 won and 88 lost, he's got a lot more experience then the people with 10 wins and 10 losses.

Kamrusepas

Banned

07-29-2010

Quote:
Untrue, I had over +50 wins by level 20. It peaked around +70 until I hit level 30 and then slowly its starting to become more and more balanced between my wins and loses. Every now and again, match making decides that a free lose is in order and gives me a dps soraka and tank annie.

TodaysChaos

07-29-2010

Yeah but ranked just started.
So that guy with 88 wins and 88 losses just doesnt have a life. and that person with 10/10 may be a better player with a little less time.

Rezialn

07-29-2010

The person doesn't actually have 88 wins and 88 losses. He has 88 wins, is all I know. I didn't look up his profile. I just moused over his name.

Regardless, my point is that the total games played by the members of my team were significantly lower than the games played by the players of the other team. This means that the opposing team was significantly more experienced, thus, the odds were stacked against my team.