Who wants 4v5s to still cost elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patyrn

07-29-2010

It's the most frustrating thing in this game when you lose elo and the other team gains elo from a DC. It makes no sense, it distorts ratings, and it needs to be handled.

Don't turn it on for team 5s. In solo 5s make the leave count as 5 losses to make sure no one will ever do it to abuse it. If a game is 4v5 at time of loss\surrender, then neither team's elo is effected.

Trinovantes

07-29-2010

less elo loss would be more fair

otherwise, premade 5 teams... 1 person leave rest farm ip

Furpop

07-29-2010

5 losses for one guys power going out or parents getting fed up and unpluging or maybe the guy wants to get laid and his girl friend doesn't want to hear "after this game hun"

Patyrn

07-29-2010

That's why I said it's disabled in 5 team games. A team can be responsible for their own player leaving, individuals in solo queue cannot.

Orthoclase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-29-2010

I'd say if there's a leaver make it do nothing to the elo, including that of the leaver himself. Partially because this would be a quick way for smurfs to lower their elo.

Parricidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I would love for 4v5s to not lose ELO.

I would also love it if when you win a 4v5 (with a leaver on your team) you don't lose ELO regardless of the fact that you win. Yes, it's happened to me and I've seen at least two other threads on it.

halfpastzero

07-29-2010

**** happens guys. Get used to it. Not losing ELO for a leaver or DC would be abused to no end. Here is the scenario:

Guy 1: "OMG guys they're about to kill our nexus! Who's pulling their router power cord tonight so we don't lose ELO?"
Guy 2: "I'll do it."
Guy 3: "Phew... thought I'd have to play with the bads again."

Sure you can say that type of abuse can be monitored but it'd cause far more waves in ELO standings than just sucking it up and losing like a man.

tl;dr bad idea. lemme get you some tissues.

Patyrn

07-29-2010

Quote:
**** happens guys. Get used to it. Not losing ELO for a leaver or DC would be abused to no end. Here is the scenario:
You would take a loss so that some random stranger wouldn't?

stumpylumpy

07-29-2010

Very easy. Assign all the round's elo loss among the leavers. If not all of it, the lion's share (75%). Not abusable for long at all.

Maugrim Faustus

07-29-2010

Personally, I think if you manage to win as a team with a leaver, you should get bonus ip/xp for overcoming imbalanced teams.

It's not like it will happen that often, or is such a thing too prone to abuse?