[Champion Feedback] Janna - Worst support character

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haluc

10-19-2009

I still disagree with people saying Heimer makes a fight 4v5... i pushed against 4 people simultaneously and they still couldn't get passed me while i just kept moving forward...

Back to the relevant issue, they can basically make all of Janna's skills have a high AP stack and she'd be golden. Too bad whiners would tear her apart.

boogie

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[U
Howling Gale[/u]: Barely acceptable damage early game, completely useless late game beyond its knock-up, which needs to charge and can still be pretty easily dodged. Starfall does more damage, and lowers magic resist. Time Bomb does more damage, can be double bombed and can be cast and then walk away for great use early and late game. Shatter does more damage, and lowers armor. This ability is in desperate need of attention if even the other support champions have significantly better abilities, much less actual damage classes.
Howling Gale can be clicked to completely remove the charge time. This paired with the slow on "E" is a sure winner. I just went 12-1 with Janna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[B
Zephyr[/b]: Short range slow, which barely does any slowing until you get it to at least level 3. Passively increases her move speed and lets her walk through units, but is lost upon casting, thus making it generally not interesting. Zilean's haste is better in absolutely every way, at every single level, and is especially better late game.
The slow is great at all levels. In fact she is rather easy to get a kill with at lvl 2 with the previous method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
[U
Eye Of The Storm[/u]: 100-300 damage absorption, increases physical damage done by target by 24-48, costs 70-150 mana. Morgana has an arguably better shield in absolutely every regard, except for a shorter range, yet it only costs 50 mana at all levels. The heck?
Did you look at the recast? I'm fairly sure with a few items your under 8 seconds. Thats pretty substantial if you have some AP. The last game i played the shield absorbed nearly 500 damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
[U
Monsoon[/u]: Ah yes, Monsoon. A healing ability that requires you to run into the middle of a fight to actually heal your team. If you're winning the fight, you knock back the opponents into potentially bad locations. If you're losing the fight, the knock back probably isn't going to save your team. In both cases, it doesn't heal enough without a serious amount of AP to be remotely useful, and if you're stacking that much AP Janna is likely a squishy target in the middle of the fray. Soraka has less initial HP healed, but it's instant, has better AP scaling, and is a map wide heal. Taric is the same regen idea, but he can actually move while channeling it, and it greatly increases team damage done. Zilean can stop a death on anyone in the team, later in the game even possible to use twice in a team fight with enough cooldown decreases.
I sort of do agree with you on this. But i find her ult a sure way to get a kill. Ult then slow then knock-up. If you have guinsoo's and some AP that should do some substatial damage. if i changed this skill at all it would be just to make it heal more.

Anony

10-19-2009

You clearly play Janna wrong because I am great support for my team.

banduan

10-19-2009

Even though I'm new I've found Janna to be a great champ.

I tend to go max W, maintain 2 lvls of E early on, maxing Q after, then R and E when available.

Eye of the Storm is a great lane holding tool. And Gale is super-fun forcing your opponent into a guessing game.

If there's anything that needs work on, it's the Ulti.

Channeled heal is great but it doesn't synergise witht he knockback. I'd ask for one of two things:

a) Make the mana scale according to channeling time, allowing you to knock back at a lot lesser cost.

b) Add a slow to the area covered (it's so windy and rainy it's difficult to walk up to Jenna).

ShadowOrigin

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie View Post
Howling Gale can be clicked to completely remove the charge time. This paired with the slow on "E" is a sure winner. I just went 12-1 with Janna.
As stated before, at least twice in replies during the course of this thread, Janna has to be in or very near melee range for this combo to be effective. While this might work early game against slow opponents, it will never work against any team that capitalizes on Janna being that close. If she gets this close to a good team, they will focus squishy little Janna, and she will die. Even at mid-range, the Howling Gale can be very easy to dodge.

Quote:
The slow is great at all levels. In fact she is rather easy to get a kill with at lvl 2 with the previous method.
It's one of the worst single target slows in the game with mediocre damage attached. The real weight of this ability comes from the passive, which immediately leaves Janna when she casts it. If she kept the passive at all times, I would agree this skill is close enough to balanced.

Quote:
Did you look at the recast? I'm fairly sure with a few items your under 8 seconds. Thats pretty substantial if you have some AP. The last game i played the shield absorbed nearly 500 damage.
I did. Morgana's shield is 15s base CD vs. this 12s base CD. However, the +attack effect the shield gives is far inferior to Morgana's shield in every way, even if it does absorb both physical and magical damage.

Compared to other support with heals, the shield is even worse, considering it does not factor in armor or magic resistance of the target at all, as pointed out here.

--------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayuki View Post
Uhh, heal completely owns shield.

If the shield gives 300 and the heal heals 300, the heal will win because the EFFECTIVE HIT POINTS of the heal will be anywhere from 400 (33% armor) to 500-550 (high armor) whereas a shield does not benefit in any way from armor - it is a flat damage and takes full damage from all attacks.

How can a shield which has flat damage stack up to a heal which benefits from armor if they heal/absorb the same amount...? That's ridiculous.
--------------

Moving along ...

Quote:
I sort of do agree with you on this. But i find her ult a sure way to get a kill. Ult then slow then knock-up. If you have guinsoo's and some AP that should do some substatial damage. if i changed this skill at all it would be just to make it heal more.
First: Guinsoo. On Janna. Uh ... ok.

To the rest:

Janna is not a tank. Even if you build her to be one, she will be a far worse support as a result of it. Janna is a ranged support character.

Ranged support should stay ranged, yet Janna is forced to go close to or in the middle of the fight in order to make the most effectiveness of her abilities. It doesn't make sense, it doesn't work. It makes her unique, true, but less effective when you start facing coordinated teams, as stated above and throughout this thread.

I'm glad you have had success with Janna, but I'm afraid that you will not like her anywhere as much when teams start disabling you left and right when you try to get even remotely near them.

Mercurius

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOrigin View Post
Ranged support should stay ranged, yet Janna is forced to go close to or in the middle of the fight in order to make the most effectiveness of her abilities. It doesn't make sense, it doesn't work.
Works perfectly fine for me. Hell, melee will do the work for you and move the fight right on top of you. Couldn't be easier.

ShadowOrigin

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Works perfectly fine for me. Hell, melee will do the work for you and move the fight right on top of you. Couldn't be easier.
You consider Ryze to be OP, and Janna to be balanced and perfectly acceptable. Something doesn't quite fit here...

Aekero

10-20-2009

TBH the main problem is her ult, it's just awkward in use as the op said, even if it wasn't map wide it'd be nice if could just be casted on an area and not be channeled. Zephyr/Shield imo are alright, not everything has to be better than there counterparts, and both of those get pretty decent with high ap.

Twister is horrible. Needs a bigger area, or to be faster, or do more damage, or be able to change direction (i.e. set 2 waypoints when it's cast). It's a decent escape mechanic in jungle, other than that it's bleh.

spielkind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2009

suggestion: replace howling gale completely, make her passive scale into lategame a little 3/4/5, lower CD on ulti (about 60-90seconds) and maybe change the pushback effect to something more useful

sick dogg

10-24-2009

Suggestions:

1)Increase AP ratio on all abilities.

2)Zephyr's passive doesn't go away when you cast it

3)Make shield stronger by giving it a big AP ratio OR divide shield buff into two buffs ( one for damage and one for the actual shield) and put AP ratio on both ( thus you can buff people by giving them bonus damage lategame. Neat huh?)

4)Make ultimate a non-channeled spell, and you could give it a slow effect like some guy before me said.

just a thought... dont flame right away