[Champion Feedback] Janna - Worst support character

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowOrigin

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Tip #1. You can pre-cast a shield, which makes you survive longer than being healed.

Tip #2. Don't give them time to sidestep howling gale. Launch it earlier or maybe stop trying to do it from max range (duh).
I see you're going to continue to troll, while not even bothering to make valid points. I'll reply anyways, and stop here, since you're likely going to continue trolling.

1. Champ #1 starts with 2100(+300 shield) HP. Shield gets popped near instantly. Champ #2 starts with 2100 HP, gets a heal when he's around 3/4 HP. Both the shield and heal can be cast multiple times during a fight. It equally roughly the same HP.
  2. Gale can't always be cast point blank range. If Janna does get this close, again, she will be focused if the enemy team is actually paying attention. Even at mid range, this is easy to avoid.

Mercurius

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOrigin View Post
I see you're going to continue to troll, while not even bothering to make valid points. I'll reply anyways, and stop here, since you're likely going to continue trolling.

1. Champ #1 starts with 2100(+300 shield) HP. Shield gets popped near instantly. Champ #2 starts with 2100 HP, gets a heal when he's around 3/4 HP. Both the shield and heal can be cast multiple times during a fight. It equally roughly the same HP.
  2. Gale can't always be cast point blank range. If Janna does get this close, again, she will be focused if the enemy team is actually paying attention. Even at mid range, this is easy to avoid.
1. Do the math first
2. So every champion except the tanks is useless? Think before posting, please.

Aura

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
1. Do the math first
2. So every champion except the tanks is useless? Think before posting, please.
So #1 is going to be (2100+ShieldHP) - (Damage*t) + (H*(t/Cooldown)), where H is the shield's HP or Healing amount.

Easy enough to plug in the numbers if someone wants to fish for them. Basically Taric would need to heal more over time than Janna can shield over time. Pretty simple concept.

As for #2, a non-tank in a tank's placement is pretty useless. I'd agree.

Nayuki

10-18-2009

Uhh, heal completely owns shield.

If the shield gives 300 and the heal heals 300, the heal will win because the EFFECTIVE HIT POINTS of the heal will be anywhere from 400 (33% armor) to 500-550 (high armor) whereas a shield does not benefit in any way from armor - it is a flat damage and takes full damage from all attacks.

How can a shield which has flat damage stack up to a heal which benefits from armor if they heal/absorb the same amount...? That's ridiculous.

Aura

10-18-2009

Wow, that's completely true. Didn't even take that into consideration. Excellent point.

Haluc

10-18-2009

The problem is, if they buff Janna to the specifications that would count her as a "good" champion, undoubtedly someone else will make an OP call. Janna is purely situational.

ShadowOrigin

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haluc View Post
The problem is, if they buff Janna to the specifications that would count her as a "good" champion, undoubtedly someone else will make an OP call. Janna is purely situational.
This is quite true. However, people I've seen in games have called OP on all of the other support characters I mentioned. I've seen all of these called out before:

• "Soraka can push too well, she's too good early game! OP!"
  • "Why the **** does Taric's ultimate give so much damage it's ****ing OP."
  • "zilean basically makes it 5v7 gg"
Morgana has been harped on for months due to her black shield all over the forums.

Basic point is, everyone will find something OP about a character at first. Why is it that not many people seem to see anything remotely OP about Janna?

OctopusDropkick

10-18-2009

(because she is terrible)

dis parentheses has been brought to you as a public service see ya suckers

*peels out of thread*

ShadowOrigin

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctopusDropkick View Post
(because she is terrible)

dis parentheses has been brought to you as a public service see ya suckers

*peels out of thread*
Unfortunately true. People have said a Heimerdinger essentially makes a game 4v5, and the same basically applies to Janna.

Celevra

10-19-2009

Janna is the best support character imo. Of course she only complements certain team builds, like any hero.