On the verge of quitting.

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

03-02-2012

Matchmaking is indeed pretty terrible right now.

Its okay that its matching people of large rating descrepencies, but then it makes no attempt to average them between the two teams.

Cameran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

I'll second this. I only play draft queues, and my ELO is in the 1800+ range. One out of every 5 games or so I'll get paired into a team of 2k+s, another out of every 5 I'll be with folks in my range, and the other 3 out of the 5 I'll be paired down into 1500-ish range, which starts to close in on the "lucky in their first 10 games of Dominion range."

Feels like a total crapshoot.

Hugs From Momma

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameran View Post
Feels like a total crapshoot.
It is a crapshoot.

It's then a matter of who has the less-fail team, however picking a full roster of OP champs will help mitigate this to some extent.

Stez007

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Yeah draft queues are insane, that's why I switched to blind. Even there they were 30+ mins. Now they have dropped and I just get incompetent players.

I'm not really complaining about the queue times. I understand it will take a long time to find a team if you're high elo, there are less to choose from. But it shouldn't put me with 1700 elos when i'm 2300+. That's 500 elo difference. That's HUGE and I should not be paired with that.
Hey, it could be worse.

The other day I was being paired with 1200s as a 1700. If you think 2300-1700 is a huge difference, you have no idea just how bad some players are.

urmamasllama

03-02-2012

so does that mean dom really has elo hell

(obviously only because the elo variance is so high)

Zulgaines

03-02-2012

it's because there's a very small pool of players with any skill.

There's lots of terrible people in there at the low ELO's, and low Q times. They just don't use the forums.

SweetTooth

03-02-2012

had a level 22 and some 1300 in the same game today. Guess being in the 1900s means i should balance things out right? Well one man cant carry an entire team that feeds.

In other words i endorse the fixing of matchmaking.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

1600-1700 players seem to get the worst of both worlds... Either they get matched against/with 2k players or they are with players as low as 900 elo.

Forbiddian

03-02-2012

My alt is level 15ish and 1450 Elo or so, and I have like 3-4 minute queue times. I don't get it.

PrometheanRage

03-02-2012

almost at 1500 elo, then a series of disconnects/leavers and 1000-1100 elo teams has left me in freefall. it makes me not want to play at all at this moment, tbh. i am under no illusions as to my skill level - 1500 is a peak performance for me, but honestly, 2 first time dominion players on my team + 1500+ elo on everyone opposing us = free win for them....

don't want to quit, but man am i getting tired of losing over and over when only around half of the losses are my fault.

123456 ... 11