On the verge of quitting.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breidr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

I really hope they give this mode some love. I like to watch it as much as I play it, and it is spectator friendly.

I tested a theory. Put on a stream during lunch with my Girlfriend. She understood Dominion clearly. The objective were clear and she could yell and scream and cheer because she understood what was going on even though she had never seen the game before in here life.

I changed it to an Summoner's Rift stream... She about fell asleep. 'Why do they just sit there, HIT SOMEONE!" She obviously didn't grasp the subtleties of it (If you're reading this that's not an insult sweeite). I would rather WATCH 100 Dominion games than play 1 Summoner's Rift game... hands down.

They said this mode would change things. Riot even admitted it was more spectator friendly. Can we get some love, PLEASE! Gamebattles is now running a Dominion Ladder. I guess that's a step in the right direction. I just wish that Riot started ranked first and wasn't beaten to the punch by a third-party. I want to see Crystal Scar survive and thrive, because if it goes, I will too... and I really don't want to go back to Starcraft. Please don't make me!

03-08-2012

This is the problem. When I asked these guys how many of them qued together, the responses I got all invovled how much **** I sucked and how much of a homosexual I was. Are you serious? That's the response you get from premade teams in the 1300 range. Why should I have to play with them being in the 1900 range? What the **** riot? Let those children play with other 1300 players; make my experience and their experience better.

What if I wouldn't have dodged that round? What would have happened? I rofl stomp against another 1300 premade? Maybe, but how would that be fun? Or, those 12 year olds just run around and be bad and won't listen to anything I have to say to help them improve because I'm a "**** smoking *** that loves to suck **** and ultra nerd because I uses a 'website' to look up hidden dominion elo".

I just played a game with players ranging from 1500-1900 elo and we had a dc durring loading. I communicated with them to take their mid instead of lose top and we were successful at holding them off until the player reconnected. Would that have happened with that rude premade? Hell ****ing no.

STOP ****ING QUAD QUEING.

Stralucire

03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Riot does not see the potential this map has to revolutionize MLG gaming. In my opinion, and many others, it's a much more fun map to watch. You don't have to sit through a laning phase for 20 minutes before you get action. Action is constantly happening, and that's what the people love.
I think you overestimate the position of Dominion relative to sport gaming as a whole. Not that Dominion deserves anything less than sport-level attention and quality, but it cannot escape the fact of its existence as a secondary system. Secondary systems (games which exist as a derivative of another system's mechanics) just do not work for a sports arena, largely because of balance issues.

Guaranteed, Riot is fully aware of Dominion's potential. I also guarantee that they are aware that if they attempt to bring Dominion into the sports scene on the same level as SR, although it may attract more players and viewers, it will also require providing a minimum guarantee of self sufficiency against SR. Aka, they'll have to be able to guarantee players, "now that Dominion is its own sport, we promise not to screw it over just to make SR better." That's a big statement to make. A statement which I really do not believe Riot is willing, if even able, to back up.

That's just how it is. We need Dominion, the Game, for all this to work out. Or at least, something more thorough than Dominion, the map. It'll probably have to come from another developer, at some point later in time. Hopefully dominion has drawn enough attention that someone out there believes there's good money in creating an entire game based on the things which makes Dominion great.

Avari Cravin

03-09-2012

Ooo I didn't even read what you said that's how much I care. Just post me your username password and I got a friend who would love to play a level 30 acct wit characters unlocked.

Or you could just stfu

Basoosh

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
From the screenshot, I'm predicting the last ban is (was) .... Akali!

Makestro

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
This is the problem. When I asked these guys how many of them qued together, the responses I got all invovled how much **** I sucked and how much of a homosexual I was. Are you serious? That's the response you get from premade teams in the 1300 range. Why should I have to play with them being in the 1900 range? What the **** riot? Let those children play with other 1300 players; make my experience and their experience better.

What if I wouldn't have dodged that round? What would have happened? I rofl stomp against another 1300 premade? Maybe, but how would that be fun? Or, those 12 year olds just run around and be bad and won't listen to anything I have to say to help them improve because I'm a "**** smoking *** that loves to suck **** and ultra nerd because I uses a 'website' to look up hidden dominion elo".

I just played a game with players ranging from 1500-1900 elo and we had a dc durring loading. I communicated with them to take their mid instead of lose top and we were successful at holding them off until the player reconnected. Would that have happened with that rude premade? Hell ****ing no.

amen, I hate when I have to deal with dumbasses like you just pointed out.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avari Cravin View Post
Ooo I didn't even read what you said that's how much I care. Just post me your username password and I got a friend who would love to play a level 30 acct wit characters unlocked.

Or you could just stfu
Username: TheFeedski
Password: You'readumbass

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
From the screenshot, I'm predicting the last ban is (was) .... Akali!
Nope. They missed the first ban. He was "afk because he felt like it".

FOODFOOD

03-09-2012

I get a strange feeling I was the 1/10 Soraka in your original post...

The other day, I had a pretty bad bot Soraka game, playing with people that were WAY better than me. I didn't build support tho... went tanky ap.

I've seen this a lot, being in the 1600s. Rarely will I be with 1600s... it's usually 1900+ and I get steamrolled, or 1400- and I'm with some herp derps.

Osensei

03-09-2012

WHY DOES RIOT IGNORE US.

if i lived anywhere near riot HQ i would be picketing infront of their offices with signs demabding attention to dominion.

SR meta is so awfully boring, not even funny. I duno HOW they get viewers to watch their streams of 20+mins farming creeps.. SO EXCITING......

SO.... hello..... riot?? *echo*

thought so....