On the verge of quitting.

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Fix the match making. Fast. It's absolutely insane. Before, it was waiting 30 minutes for a game by myself. Now, it's a 10 minute queue but I get stuck with 1600-1700 ELOs. I would much rather go back to waiting and get team mates who have some skill than get a 1-10 bottom lane Soraka building straight support items. It's not even fun when I get paired with people like this. They ruin the game. They have no idea what to do and just run around. It's seriously pissing me off enough to where i'm on the verge of quitting.

EDIT 3-9: When I first wrote this post, I was obviously mad and didn't put much thought into it and really get my point across. So here I am again, another night, with more low elo's who don't know what to do. Riot, if you want this mode to survive (which sadly, I don't think you care), you have to do something to this matchmaking, among many other things, but we will start with match making. Let me first make it clear that I don't really care about elo. I mean, it's nice to know you're one of the higher elo players, or to know where you stand, but that is not why I am writing this. I am writing this because I have put countless hours and hundreds (also many thanks to the people who help with donations, etc.) of dollars into the Dominion community to try and make it flourish, which sadly, seems like I do more for it than you guys do, and I am seeing the player base diminish. This irks me to no end. People are constantly growing tired of the match making and the fact you are ignoring the map. They see no point in playing it, and I can't blame them, because you're not worried about it.

Riot does not see the potential this map has to revolutionize MLG gaming. In my opinion, and many others, it's a much more fun map to watch. You don't have to sit through a laning phase for 20 minutes before you get action. Action is constantly happening, and that's what the people love. Do you ever hear people saying "Did you see Dyrus last hitting those creeps!? That sh*t was insane! He got so many!"? No. You don't, because that part of the map is boring. But here you have Dominion, with constant action, that I GUARANTEE people would love watching if they knew about it. But they don't see Riot doing anything to the map, so non Dominion players just ignore it completely.

Anyways, I guess back to my main point, match making. How does it even work? Or, does Riot even know how it works? If they did, surely they wouldn't match a group of 2.1k+ elos with a 1.6k elo. When this kind of matching happens, it's not fun for anyone. It's not fun for the higher elo because they are having to baby sit the lower elo, and it's not fun for the lower elo because they aren't as skill as the higher elo. It's a lose lose and it seriously needs to be fixed before ALL of the Dominion community leaves.

Pantazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Dont do that. Im sure they will fix it soon enough

Chavez Obama

03-02-2012

If we had more players, matchmaking wouldn't have to stretch so hard.

DG TheFeedski

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavez Obama View Post
If we had more players, matchmaking wouldn't have to stretch so hard.
It's been a sudden thing though. At first I thought I may have gotten unlucky and just happened to be with low ELOs, but it's happened waayy too often now. It feels like i'm with first time Dominion players.

DG TheFeedski

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantazi View Post
Dont do that. Im sure they will fix it soon enough
I don't even have hope for Dominion anymore. First I was optimistic and thought it would work, but Riot STILL ignores it. Sadly, I don't think there is any hope in this map. It doesn't get enough attention from Riot. So really, I don't think they will fix it. They will ignore it just like they ignore the rest of the map.

Hugs From Momma

03-02-2012

Just keep solo queuing and you'll lose back down to 2k. Then it's not such a long wait anymore.

xkEEfx

03-02-2012

in que for 14mins now. draft is broken.

AbsolutePK

03-02-2012

Quote:
On the verge of quitting.
That's me every time I lose.

Which is often.

DG TheFeedski

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkEEfx View Post
in que for 14mins now. draft is broken.
Yeah draft queues are insane, that's why I switched to blind. Even there they were 30+ mins. Now they have dropped and I just get incompetent players.

I'm not really complaining about the queue times. I understand it will take a long time to find a team if you're high elo, there are less to choose from. But it shouldn't put me with 1700 elos when i'm 2300+. That's 500 elo difference. That's HUGE and I should not be paired with that.

Zavy

03-02-2012

I'm not even 1600-1700 ELO and I'm better than the average player. The downside is I'm stuck in low ELO with other people with low ELO and I can only carry so hard. =( Thinking about going to playing draft.

12345 ... 11