League Judgment - Vladimir

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKLG

07-29-2010

wut the fan fic

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

I really hope you get a copy editor. Here are a few that leaped out at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Vladimir moves with purpose, his long hair and robes flowing dramatically behind him as his deliberate strides carry him swiftly toward his goal.

"Dmitri?" Vladimir inquired, incredulous. "But, master, you are gone. I killed you."

The maimed figure crawled towards him, looking up with a mixture of sadness and bewilderment. The expression turned to hatred. A hand shot forward, gripping his boot. Vladimir recoiled, breaking free and stumbling backward, away from the dying child. ...
Moving on from these brazen British intrusions, the Champion Judgment is definitely an improvement in the name. The content now seems more appropriate for the title.

The content itself disappointed me because it did not offer much more than what was already described in the "Lore" section when the champion was introduced. When compared to the Xin Zhao Champion Judgment, this entry is inferior in that Xin Zhao's contained a previously-unknown character (The Bone Grinder/Squeaker) and a myriad of conflicting emotions that we could not conclude from the in-game voice, the spells, nor from the lore described in the Champions database page.

His page there paints a gladiator, a complete badass that we get an inner, appraising glimpse of when the Champion Judgment brings us to evaluates him. Both are independent and unique.

Vladimir's versions felt like they could be mere substitutions for each other.

My apologies if that sounded smug or pedantic. I don't blame you if you and your buddies are laughing; I know I'd taunt myself with "Check this f***ing nerd out, he takes our stuff way too seriously!". :P

-Danny
probably does!

Teshnos Fire

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowslice View Post
judgement seems like garen was attacking the champion
The Champions are being Judges as prior to being accepted into the league. To see if they can face and accept their own demons. Vladimir kinda likes his I guess.

That's what I think at least.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyliandanny View Post
I really hope you get a copy editor. Here are a few that leaped out at me.

Moving on from these brazen British intrusions, the Champion Judgment is definitely an improvement in the name. The content now seems more appropriate for the title.

The content itself disappointed me because it did not offer much more than what was already described in the "Lore" section when the champion was introduced. When compared to the Xin Zhao Champion Judgment, this entry is inferior in that Xin Zhao's contained a previously-unknown character (The Bone Grinder/Squeaker) and a myriad of conflicting emotions that we could not conclude from the in-game voice, the spells, nor from the lore described in the Champions database page.

His page there paints a gladiator, a complete badass that we get an inner, appraising glimpse of when the Champion Judgment brings us to evaluates him. Both are independent and unique.

Vladimir's versions felt like they could be mere substitutions for each other.

My apologies if that sounded smug or pedantic. I don't blame you if you and your buddies are laughing; I know I'd taunt myself with "Check this f***ing nerd out, he takes our stuff way too seriously!". :P

-Danny
probably does!
I definitely agree with you. The only thing I could think of though is that what you've described with this might actually be the point of his judgement, a sorta subversion of the FAR too common "Hidden depths remorse" thing. You are made to feel like it's going to be there at the start, the small child with the bloody dagger, the line of corpses, being forced to kill the monk who's likely the closest thing he has to the father figure, the drawn out "Why do you fight" and then... well, not so much. So the point is almost creating depth for him by reinforcing his TOTAL lack of depth: He likes killing stuff. It's what he does.

But that's just my two cents

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

07-29-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Nice Job, with this be done for all the new Champions? Or are there plans to revisit the veterans of the league?
Anyway, love the little bits of lore, something to read after a couple of matches
Yes - we're planning on doing these for all the champions, past and present.

The overall goal is to have a biography that defines the champion in the world and a judgment to explore the champion through story. The bio is short (roughly 300 words) so folks who might not be immediately inclined to get into the lore can at least get an understanding of the champion's theme. The judgment is longer (roughly 1000 words), but not too long; we have a number of these to get through still.

There are a number of folks working on these (amongst all the other creative tasks we have), but it will still take some time to get caught up.

Fondlehoof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-29-2010

/lore wood

Lolofail

07-29-2010

Tl;dr

hyliandanny

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
I definitely agree with you. The only thing I could think of though is that what you've described with this might actually be the point of his judgement, a sorta subversion of the FAR too common "Hidden depths remorse" thing. You are made to feel like it's going to be there at the start, the small child with the bloody dagger, the line of corpses, being forced to kill the monk who's likely the closest thing he has to the father figure, the drawn out "Why do you fight" and then... well, not so much. So the point is almost creating depth for him by reinforcing his TOTAL lack of depth: He likes killing stuff. It's what he does.

But that's just my two cents
You know, I did consider that. Perhaps I'm already biased due to the heavy correlations drawn between Vladimir and vampires. The blood lust mentioned in the introductory lore insinuated this lack of "reason". For me, that was pretty clear.

If I could portray my reactions as a dialog, it would be something like the following.

"So you've got a blood-wielding vampire champion."

"But wait, check this out: he must kill."

"... Get outta here."

Relative to the bar that Xin Zhao's League Judgment set, this one didn't offer much that players could not conclude themselves.

-Danny
can appreciate empty murderers, but I already knew he was very pretty.

Pectojin

07-29-2010

only one word covering... streaming trough my mind... AWESOME!

Moon4u

07-29-2010

Dimitri?