Was this insightful or Helpful in any way?

Yes. 0 0%
No. 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

How to Play ranked (or how it should be played)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheezysauce

03-01-2012

From my combined seasons of ranked which is about 100 games total. I have come up with an easy solution that most people should follow but i know its not going to happen, but...

When playing ranked your should be thinking of your team, which is kinda like a military Squad team of 4 men, 1 Point, ( Top laner/Jungler) 2 Right and Left cover, ( Top laner, and Mid laner), and Flank Cover, (support and Ad Carry combined, because they are suppose to act together as one and help each other out as well as the team.)

That's my analogy that i have come up with to make ranked similar to something that is practiced in real life. From solo/duo que i have found out that most people care about themselves which makes the whole team bad, just because you mainly play one role, doesn't mean you should try and expand your champion list or learn other roles. The whole purpose of this game is to get to the nexus which can only be achieved by working together as a team or one unit.

Well some may say that they "carry the game" i believe that statement but, you still have to work as a team to carry. So no matter what try to climb the ladder and you will find better players that's all i can say.

Thanks for reading.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

I like how you try to express your feelings with the others...

but this post doesn't really help me o.o

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2012

I don't see anything different here from normal games. It doesn't really help much, nor is 100 ranked games a lot :/.

professorSugoi

03-06-2012

good advice
not what i was looking for
but good advice

cloudskipper

03-06-2012

First of all, in a ranked game when someone says "i only play ad range" let that person play that role. it is better to have someone who can only play that role "get" it. Its simple logic, why take away the role that person can only do and stick him in another role just to **** up even more.

If you want to start playing ranked, make sure you are familiar with every role. (at least one or two champs)
When you pick a role, make sure you know what to do as that role.
example: you got top lane. make sure you buy ward every time you go back. learn how to lock the lane or push the lane to counter jungle/gank mid/porting back to buy. watch where the enemy top ward then make sure to TELL your jungler where that ward is. thus maximizes the chance of a successful gank.

when you are having trouble in your lane, make sure you ask for help. Don't let your ego get to you and think you are the best. many times people are unwilling to ask for help when they are getting destroyed in lane that by the time laning phase is over, the enemy champ in that laning phase would be too fed/farmed.

Communication is a big factor in ranked. No one can play whatever role he/she wants every single time. Learn how to compromise.

I Eat Crayöns

03-07-2012

In all honesty games below 1500 ELO, I think it's better to play to play a champ that you know well than to play a role/champ your not familiar with, just to suit the current meta (which most players below 1500 ELO don't even understand anyway).