Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperVeloce

02-27-2012

I just have enough rp to buy vayne but is she still good to play? (I've played her once before nerf).
Also, which support is best for vayne?

ImNixonTRUSTME

02-27-2012

Vayne is a beast you can't mess with silver bolts tumble and condemn she is the kite masta. She is the only champ I play solo que ranked because with her you can be game changing. (1600 elo) My fave support to play her with is Janna because I can use the shield and silver bolts with tumble to devastate whatever combo is bot. She is also super easy to farm with because her crossbow bolts travels so **** fast.

In conclusion totally worth the investment, she can be tricky at first but once you learn how to condemn properly you become a nightmare.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Vayne is the best late game AD carry right now. All feed being equal, she should do the most damage at end game. Plus I really like the mechanics of condemn and tumble even if they feel a little buggy at times and definitely take some getting used to.

1337n00bh4x0r

02-27-2012

If I see a Vayne on my team, I call Taric. The armor aura + heal is enough to sustain her forever because she doesn't need any sort of steroid from her support, and with a target stun and her tumble she can get out of a gank or on top an opponent instantly. Probably my favorite AD to support.

SuperVeloce

02-27-2012

So she is still good to play? I thought the movement speed nerfs ruined her (what my friend told me).

BforBandanna

02-27-2012

She can have a bit of a weak early game, it can be kind of hard to get kills with her, and the movement speed nerf is...not that painful. If you're going to try and get lots of gank going on early game, you're going to need to get boots early, but she's easy enough to chase with after that. I don't usually grab boots that quickly, and while I don't gank overly much in the early game, I have no trouble running people down and getting kills mid/late game.

Basically, she's still really playable and the movement speed nerf didn't really hurt her at all.

Hyosun

02-27-2012

Movement speed nerfs didn't ruin her at all, it's just an exaggeration on his part.

Vayne is a high-risk, high-reward ad carry in my opinion.
What I mean by high-risk is this:
She has a shorter auto attack range than others, forcing her to be in danger's way to do damage
She has a limited amount of escape ( R+Q invisibility and E knockback )

And the reward?

Ability to apply high single-target dps and continuous damage via high damage low cd abilities and ult.

What this means in english:

She's like a yi. Focus her and she blows up immediately. If you can't focus her, she rips apart single targets like none other.

You should play Vayne IF
1) You have a good understanding of when to be aggressive, and when not to be.
2) You have a good understanding of enemy champions, what you have to watch out for
3) You know what positioning means
4) You know how to last-hit well during the laning phase.
5) You like high damage

I've played her in a game and she is a bit trickier to play because of her range. You can't just sit back safely and kite anybody who comes at you... you have to know your stuff and it isn't simple. If you do manage to get good with Vayne though... you will single-handidly carry games and make people whine "OMG VAYNE OP NERF NOW"

SuperVeloce

02-27-2012

One question on runes, should I use the standard ad carry runes(ad red/quints, armor yellow, etc)? or is there a specific page for her?

Hyosun

02-27-2012

interestingly enough a couple of people ( westrice / chaox ) use a combination of armor pen marks + flat ad quints in their setups. Though flat ad helps her Q and E, I believe they choose armor pen over ad simply b/c everyone uses flat armor seals.

Considering that this holds true for solo top, a good argument / discussion could be made for switching out flat ad in favor of armor pen. But I haven't done the mathcraft for it.

Chaox advocates the standard ad carry runes while westrice's guide uses atk speed seals / glyphs. Could work well. I say experiment if you can and see what works for you. Afterall I can't land condemn's so I don't level max it first.

Siinjid

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperVeloce View Post
I just have enough rp to buy vayne but is she still good to play? (I've played her once before nerf).
Also, which support is best for vayne?
play cait as a support lay traps to force enemies to walk near walls... GG