3v3 Map Design / Suggested Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweatypalm

03-04-2012

As much as the map could be improved upon. It's still so much better than playing ranked solo que 5v5. I played pretty much pure TT wile leveling, I decided to try the 5v5s because there was no ranked solo que for 3v3, It was awful.

Tactileneck

03-04-2012

If you switch the turret and the tower then you've got champions with crazy range like Cait and Kog Maw that will kill the tower with vision on it from below the base....So the only solution to that would be moving the tower and nexus closer to the spawning pool, which would only promote turtling which is what you're wanting to avoid. Flaw in argument? Methinks yes.

fazisi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

The number one problem is the proximity of nexus turret to the fountain. Some long range champs can safely defend their turret from the safety of their fountain. Ranged AD with some kind of AoE or splash damage completely destroy your minion waves or any champion foolish enough to try to get to the turret. And the decent ones don't miss a creep kill.

Then we have the problem of people getting thrown, tossed, pulled, headbutted, et cetera. Pretty hard to get a push onto tower when one of your teammates is instantly fried.

And finally, we have the problem of jumpers/dashers escaping onto the fountain to save their life while defending their tower and getting right back into the action before your major cooldowns can recover. I don't think I can count the number of champions with these sorts of abilities that are common picks in TT.

But all of this boils down to the core problem. You cannot push their nexus tower safely. That is, your creep never arrive to take hits from it because they are getting melted by enemy fountain/champions. If your team tries to kill the tower, your tank might get knocked into fountain and get melted in a second flat and now you are fighting 2v3 completely overextended.

So what can we do? The goal is to have your minion waves with super creep tanking the nexus tower because not every team wants to have a tank who is built enough to tank nexus tower, especially when you only have 3 picks Somehow, we have to take inspiration from Summoner's Rift on how to construct a base. Your creep have to pass their nexus tower with ample space to get lured by enemy champions onto their fountain while still being hit by nexus tower.

Sadly, the current 2 lane base design with entrances to the base being north-south gives two completely different paths to the turret and fountain. Therefore, the turret is between neither lane and the fountain, just between both the lanes. All this accomplishes is keeping your two lanes separated until you finally kill the tower.

My conclusions and recommendations then are to do one of the following.
1. Revert fountain laser into the original laser. Give the turtles no security blanket.
2. Rework the base design. This will most likely include a change in map size and a shift in building layout (to be turret > nexus > fountain). Dead timers will probably have to be reduced since the spawn point will be further from lane.
3. Do nothing. Problem? What problem? Check out this new champion art!

Tornn Poys

03-06-2012

first the turtling problem: The idea of moving the turret behind the nexus is a bad idea, i get that your trying to force the team out of the fountain, but to go around the nexus would be overextending. the best option would be to make the space between the fountain and turret greater.

i suggest to make the fountain farther back. (this might be a bad description) Where the round space between the inhibitor and the back wall would be gone, leaving the wall to be a cone towards the fountain.

second the dragon/wriggler's problem: the dragon is strong and buffing it more would be a bad idea. the real problem is the wriggler's effect on dragon, not the dragon itself.

making the dragon immune to wriggle's or having it have reduced damage from it, is a better idea.

Third the turret's distance problem: I see what you mean, players put themselves in harms way when they are farming bot lane, all it takes a champ from top and bot to go around and behind the enemy to get a good, successful gank. but the thing is that the current placement of the turret allow players to run towards the enemy turret and escape through the enemies' bot jungle. I myself have done this many times when they try to gank me.

there is a problem with the safety of bot lane, it needs to be altered in some way to make it safer. My mind fails to come up with a solution, but it is not the turret placement that is causing the problem it is the entrance to the jungle.

Just some thoughts

Moon Huffer

03-07-2012

I think most the things you stated are part of what makes TT so great... Mobile bruiser 3v3 fights.

but the one thing you really nailed is turtling.... It is so very boring for both teams, and can easily turn what seems like a compelete steamroll into a QQ I can't believe I just spent 40min ++ on that match. Usually after a loss like that, I'll log off for the rest of the day due to frusteration.

Eh, Riot??? Have you experienced being turtled on TT even? It is truly terrible, especially with the right team comp..

Example, I faced a team with a cassiopeia on it, can't remember what else. on one of the final turrets, cassiopeia ults for huge damage and CC on the turret that you SHOULD be looking towards, everyone dies in a teamfight. Far enough into a game , that's GG, no matter the score!

It's completely anti-fun, I feel cheated after playing a strong game for the past hour. Riot you've got to do something to fix the turtling on TT. Move the fountain farther back, DO SOMETHING, ITS SO BORING, and OVERRULES SKILL.

Romram

03-07-2012

The thing is that if you can get enough range you pretty much poke the nexus turret from the safe distance of being on the other side of the wall. Someone like tristana can get a ward place it for vision and poke and poke until it's down. Forget going through the lane just get people who can go over walls and poke then flash if it's needed.

One simple change is to push back the spawning fountain and the obelisk laser back. Not only will this give access to enemy champions to kill nexus tower at 360 degrees it also stops the cheesy play of just bluepill back and instant access to saving turret.

Tornn Poys

03-08-2012

bump