Tips on Annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrokenHeartVerse

07-29-2010

Sooo since the all powerful search function is still down I'll just a post a new thread.

Brand new Annie player here and I was wondering if I could get some tips from experienced Annie players. I already have my builds down I just need some tips to get the best out of Annie

DXMattXD

07-29-2010

Well here are some tips ^^

You should always use your Q to last hit so you have very good lane staying power and you regen your mana.

Take note of when to save your Pyromania or when to keep on spamming spells. You never know when a fight is gonna break out.

You have to learn how to stun cycle. Lets say you have 4 stacks. DO NOT USE MOLTEN SHIELD to get to the 5th. Before you gank, use your W in the open air before you engage. Let W cool down, then attack them with R, (which stuns them), then W, then Q, then E. Now you have 4 stacks again. So when your W and Q cool down, you might be able to double stun and that's very critical.

To control Tibbers, hold alt and right click around. Sometimes Annie will get locked into standing and you can only move Tibbers. Don't panic, just press space bar and you'll control annie again.

You are squishy, keep that in mind, however, A lot of the times you have to initiate so remember to drop down Tibbers at the right time when all Team Mates are ready for it.

Those are some tips and I hope those will help you ^^

MrBurglarMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2010

Item build info's pretty common in guides, so you can find that sort of thing.

A few tips though:

Your stun is a big decider in team-fights if you know how to use it. Tibbers is, of course, the spell you want to use to initiate the stun due to its AOE, but don't ignore Incinerate.

Again, related to your stun. Banshee's veil is a GREAT way to ignore your stun AND your immediate damage. An easy way to solve this is to leave your stun count on one more before the stun. Pop an incinerate on the group, and THEN your stun. This also has the added advantage of not surrounding yourself with the visual stun effect, which can leave your enemies guessing.

When you don't have stun up, remember that you can cast your W & E to build up to it fairly well. Always have it up whenever you can, since it's the only thing you have AT ALL close to an escape mechanism and it's a huge impact in teamfights.

You can summon Tibbers BEYOND obstacles. Past walls, through forests, etc. This can be a great way to ensure a chase succeeds, or to hit a guy running into his base. Surprised the hell out of a Kennen before with a well-placed Tibbers that stunned him and killed him before starting to hit the tower.

Tibbers is also a GREAT way to check bushes. He's an excellent scout, and will return to you after a set time and distance from you.

On checking bushes, use incinerate it's a great way to increase your stun count and get some damage on people.

Annie all in all is a pretty solid character, and is a fairly unsubtle pyromaniac nuker. She's loads of fun!

AIM7Sparrow

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMattXD View Post
You have to learn how to stun cycle. Lets say you have 4 stacks. DO NOT USE MOLTEN SHIELD to get to the 5th. Before you gank, use your W in the open air before you engage. Let W cool down, then attack them with R, (which stuns them), then W, then Q, then E. Now you have 4 stacks again. So when your W and Q cool down, you might be able to double stun and that's very critical.

To control Tibbers, hold alt and right click around. Sometimes Annie will get locked into standing and you can only move Tibbers. Don't panic, just press space bar and you'll control annie again.

Now where have I seen this before? Hmm...lol

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-29-2010

ya...I saw that some where before too...

Exoh

07-29-2010

I've learned in games with good assassins, they will come for me in every team fight. Knowing that you will always have a 5v4 to start is an advantage, and while you don't want to be useless in team fights playing too defensively try the following:

- let your teammates know you're going to need some more help in team fights, when you ping someone they need to react
- initiate the fight with bearstun, incinerate, disintegrate a squishy, shield, incinerate again... now stun is back up again and you've halved 2 to 3 members of their 4 in the team fight (remember that one shaco, twitch, xin in the bushes is waiting for the perfect opportunity to nail you)
- wander around in the team fight auto attacking until the assassin shows
- cast disintegrate and incinerate, ping him, and back off while putting tibbers on him

Now your team has a mark/bear on the assassin so they can pick him out easier. This has lead to more team aces than I can count.