Adobe AIR crashes & Pvp.net Disconnection Issues!

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrenkov

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynbleidd43254 View Post
that explanation sounds more like its for when you are disconnected from the game and not Adobe Air crashing, especially when the link goes to someplace about lag which personally I find it hard to believe is the issue. Since if it were lag I wouldn't expect Air to just crash like that even if the terminate the connection, but I could be wrong (I don't believe I am however).

But please do let us know if it works.

~Gwynbleidd42354
No luck, still having the same problem. All since the last patch...

Selarek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

up
no reply from Rioters so far, lets be patient

CRiquy

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesXDoom View Post
Did you just re-install windows too by any chance? Trying to get to the bottom of this. Also try downloading the "game booster 3" program...as I mentioned it helped but I dont really want to have to use a third party program just to be able to play LoL again haha that sort of sucks...

RIOT PLEASE HELP US POOR SOULS!!
Yes i just reinstalled windows 7 64 bits and reinstalled lol from 0, but this problem goes more frecuent after fiora patch.

JamesXDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynbleidd43254 View Post
that explanation sounds more like its for when you are disconnected from the game and not Adobe Air crashing, especially when the link goes to someplace about lag which personally I find it hard to believe is the issue. Since if it were lag I wouldn't expect Air to just crash like that even if the terminate the connection, but I could be wrong (I don't believe I am however).

But please do let us know if it works.

~Gwynbleidd42354
Yeah, that sounds to me like they are trying to fix a network problem moreso then a software problem... I also believe it has nothing to do with our network, since most of us were fine and able to play before the Fiora patch. If I/we had made major network setup changes prior to these problems then i'd be looking further into the networking issues.
To be fair to Riot, I have tried to do all these things but to no success.... I guess with all things hardware and software alike, it is mostly trial and error though.

To my understanding this is a software issue, I have friends who get the same problems as I have been getting prior to the patch and there has been no changes to their network or PC setup. The client crashing and freezing up on the main page, champion select, in game, and then dissapearing after the game seems to be moreso an issue with something being unstable. Every other game I play works fine, with or without my firewall on, with or without bandwidth intensive programs.

On another note, has anyone tried running LoL with that game booster 3 program enabled?

JamesXDoom

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiquy View Post
Yes i just reinstalled windows 7 64 bits and reinstalled lol from 0, but this problem goes more frecuent after fiora patch.
Yeah same here. You would think on a fresh PC with all brand new and up to date drivers installed for everything, that LoL would run smooth as ever.

Awesomus

03-04-2012

I am having this problem as well. It would seem like network lag but when I play any other game I don't have problems like this. While in game there isn't a porblem either. Adobe Air launcher is the culprit.

Only Rumble

03-04-2012

i had the same adobe air debug error. but this happened whenever i played w/ Skype. Are you also playing w/ Skype?

White x Noise

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesXDoom View Post
Hey photomman, yeah this is a tedious problem and I have no idea why it happens. I have found somewhat a "bandage" for the problem however it is not a full fix for the standalone client itself. I am able to play without these issues it seems, so far. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=953968 I came across this thread and downloaded "game booster 3" and launched LoL through this program...to my surprise it actually helped! I have no idea why this is so but it seems to stabilize the client! Let me know if this works for you.

I am still hoping for an ACTUAL fix to this problem from riot, however.
Thanks for mentioning this! Just downloaded Game Booster 3 and I was able to join and start loading a game!

JamesXDoom

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cioppino View Post
i had the same adobe air debug error. but this happened whenever i played w/ Skype. Are you also playing w/ Skype?
Well skype starts when Windows loads, but yeah usually im in a Skype call with friends. I'm not sure how this would affect the client other then using a bit more bandwidth though. Have used skype while playing LoL with friends for over a year now with no problems..... This could be some co-incidence with the last patch coming out?

JamesXDoom

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by White x Noise View Post
Thanks for mentioning this! Just downloaded Game Booster 3 and I was able to join and start loading a game!
Glad to hear it helped someone else out!

12345678 ... 12