The Grand Foyer/Great Atrium of the Institute ((RP Welcome/Meet and Greet Thread))

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SerpantsEmbrace

12-17-2013

Name:  1024px-Institute_of_War.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  64.3 KB

You can barely hold your mouth closed as the legendary Institute of War looms before you, its grand staircase beckoning you inside. As you make the long trek upward, passing the decorative stream, the full beauty of the structure is revealed to you. The building is flanked by two large pillars with a nexus crystal hovering above each one, rotating slowly and giving off a steady hum of power. The gaping entrance hall is brightly lit in a warm and welcoming light as you make your way inside for the first time.

A disembodied female voice sounds inside your head as you cross the threshold. “Welcome to the Institute of War. You have entered the Grand Foyer.” The Foyer was a bustle of activity. Summoners from all over were arriving through teleportation gates from all the city-states. All around, there were stalls with almost anything you can imagine. From a simple coffee stand to a magical gemcrafter, the foyer held it all. Near the center was a large pillar inscribed with the word “DIRECTORY”. It read;

[CENTER]

Quote:
Institute of War

1st Floor: Foyer and Atrium

East Wing-Gardens, Hot Springs/Bathing Facility, Cafeteria

West Wing-Misc. Champion Quarters

2nd Floor: Steward and Emissary Offices

East Wing-Junior Steward’s Office, Kayle’s Quarters, Alistar’s Chambers, Poppy’s Office

West Wing-City-State Emissary Summoners

3rd Floor: Champion Housing

East Wing-Noxus, Zaun, Bilgewater, Freljiord

West Wing-Demacia, Bandle City, Piltover, Ionia

4th Floor: Institute Services

East Wing-Library, Break Room, Summoner Meeting Rooms

West Wing-Training Grounds, Sparring Arena, Medical Wing
[/CENTER]

Past the directory was the Great Atrium. Hundreds and hundreds of summoners and more exotic characters were milling about, chatting casually and introducing themselves to one another. To your left, you hear a group burst out in raucous laughter as one summoner said loudly to a horned and dark-skinned creature “And I said, I said ‘Officer, I swear I’d never seen that Yordle in my life!’” You can’t help but chuckle as the group burst out laughing again. Taking a deep breath, you gather your courage and step forward into the Atrium, wondering just who you’ll meet on your first day at the Institute.

((Greetings all. The purpose of this thread is to allow new characters to introduce themselves and mingle about with other characters and get acclimated with the community as a whole. Enjoy.))

Rossendale

12-17-2013

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3760

Aiden sauntered into the halls of The Institute. His keen eyes spotted several creautres which he never seen before and that's saying something when you're talking about Aiden, but which seemed norm to the others. He stepped into the Atrium, looking for someone, friend or stranger, to strike up a coversation.

Dalasio

12-17-2013

((Hmm, seems like a good chance to meet people.))

Dalasio walks into the grand building, marveling at how magnificent it was. He walks up to the pillar, reading the writing inscribed upon it.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

((The disembodied voice is a nice touch. I can just hear the way the in game announcer would say it.

If I may make a suggestion, you should add links in the directory for all the rooms that have threads (sparring grounds, gardens, etc.)

Also, I'm sure the Freljord champs are thrilled to be in the same wing as the Noxians.))

SerpantsEmbrace

12-17-2013

((The disembodied voice is the announcer from the Fields. I though that was a fun little thing.

I will do that eventually, when I have time.

And they will have to deal with it. :P))

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpantsEmbrace View Post
((The disembodied voice is the announcer from the Fields. I though that was a fun little thing.
((That was what I was saying. :P))

Ask Ezreal

12-17-2013

// OOC : Great to see that we're following through with this idea. Hopefully new OC's nobody's ever heard can grow more popular on this thread. Nice intro, by the way. I like it.

Warden of Wards

12-17-2013

((*Ahem* I assume you intend for the champions of the Shadow Isles to take residence outside?))

sylvanas valeria

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden of Wards View Post
((*Ahem* I assume you intend for the champions of the Shadow Isles to take residence outside?))
((Hahahaha XD))

SerpantsEmbrace

12-17-2013

((Heh, see 1st floor. Misc. champion housing. That includes Shadow Isles, Xerath, Renekton, Amumu, all the champions who's residence is the Institute.))