List of viable Support bottoms?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikimiller

03-12-2012

I play Nidalee Support, and I'll say particularly at low elo where people won't dodge the spear, she's pretty beastly. She doesn't have the CC that some of the other supports have, but she excels at zoning, if you're good with her and your AD carry is on the ball, your opponents shouldn't be getting CS at all. She is also very good at keeping people out of the bushes, via use of traps + spear. Wait for them to get hit by the trap, and then hit them with a spear while they're missing 20% of their defenses. The steady stream of damage combined with the heal means that she's fairly good at controlling the lane. Pretty much the only sona/soraka have enough healing to keep pace with the damage output.

Modresko

03-12-2012

Tho that is only low elo... And even in low elos people learn to hide behind the minions pretty fast... So I'd still say sona :<

Cenerae

03-12-2012

'Core' supports: Soraka, Sona, Taric, Alistar, Janna
Aggressive supports (for kill lanes): Nunu, Leona, Blitzcrank, Gangplank, Lux, Karma
Fringe case supports (can support but you really shouldn't use them for this): Orianna, Ashe, anyone else with enough CC to work as support that I forgot to mention

Note that Karma and Lux will require some farm in the midgame if you want them to still be useful in the late game. Neither of them have enough utility value in their kits to function perfectly as a 0cs support, but both of them are still good if you let them get one or two AP items.

izari

03-12-2012

I play mostly support. I just basically try to pick based on who i'm laning with.

If it's melee carry, I choose janna to keep them shielded.
If it's a ranged AD carry with mana, I'll choose soraka to keep them topped off and healed.
If it's a hybrid or weaker champion, I'll choose another hybrid like alistar or taric that way I can be a bit more aggressive but still keep us relatively protected.

This is just how I do it; obviously not definitive.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

I never claimed to be the God of LoL and know it all. Karma might be amazing, but Ive never seen her play support bottom...ever. When played she always sucks in my experience. Ive seen her rock once in All Random, All Mid. But thats about it.
Don't mean to **** on your wheaties or whatever but that's my experience. It might change, like several of my other opinions. :-)

Banuvan

03-12-2012

Played ashe on bot yesterday with a kayle as support. Amazing kayle player. We kept the vayne/sona combo going againstus busy and unable to effectively farm.

Wardport

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

Karma is one of the best supports as is Janna. The problem is that not only the support but the whole team needs to know how to play off of them. Leona is one of the best tanky supports. If you are looking to be competative you need to practice high skill cap supports. Also galio is quite good.

Cenerae

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I never claimed to be the God of LoL and know it all. Karma might be amazing, but Ive never seen her play support bottom...ever. When played she always sucks in my experience. Ive seen her rock once in All Random, All Mid. But thats about it.
Don't mean to **** on your wheaties or whatever but that's my experience. It might change, like several of my other opinions. :-)
She lacks in real raw utility, which prevents her from really being an amazing support. But she enables some crazy stunts to be pulled in the lane so she works nicely in a kill lane. Not so much as your classical 0cs support though, because a Karma with no AP is not all that useful once late game comes round.

Sokolniki

03-12-2012

I've done Nidalee, Kayle and Leona as Support Bot. Nidalee's ability to keep the enemy out of the brush is impressive, and her harass can be done simply by moving to the flanks of the minion wave... but her harass is also fairly easy to dodge.

Kayle, I max W and E with one rank in Q for the laning phase, and play aggressively with my harass. Rush out Nashor's and The Black Cleaver as my first major items. When laning phase ends, stop leveling up W in favor of Q. You won't be as potent as your proper AD Carry in the late game, but with the CS and kills you afforded them in the laning phase, + your Armor Shred with passive and cleaver, they'll be wrecking the team in the late game.

Leona is a CC Support, and boy does she bring it... but because she's a "Gets into trouble with little prospects of getting out of it" type of tank, you have to have an aggressive minded Lane partner who knows what you're up to when you are preparing to Zenith Blade. Graves and Vayne are AWESOME lane partners, and you can really make a Fiora work her magic in bot lane starting at lvl 2 as well. Graves and Vayne both have a means to get into range even if they are slightly out of position when you land your Zenith Blade, and both have a means to help you escape a bad initiate or a surprise gank. Fiora's E absolutely rocks when you have the target stunned for it's duration, which combined with Fiora's own double gap closer, can have both of you upon a target dumping 500+ damage to a Chain CC'd champ in 2-3 seconds at lvl 2. After a few really one sided exchanges, you are often able to zone out bot lane entirely, especially if your partner knows how to "Freeze" the lane. And often, even when the gank comes, if you can focus down the jungler first, the bot laners are often forced to retreat with no kills still if you zoned them out of xp effectively.

Sir Science

06-17-2012

Two words.
Lee Sin.

Lee Sin is my favourite person to play as support, you really need the HoG and Gp5 runes, but I kid you not when I say he is the most fun person to play as support. Early game his harrass is insane and picking up kills for your carry becomes child play. With high CD, his ulti become great for setting up kills. And later game he transitions into a great tank with Warmogs and Force of Nature, with damage output from a single Tri Force (His Q ability is always really good because it does damage based on health missing). He has no healing but his sheild (when upgraded) can end up tanking plenty of damage over the course of the game, especially during laning phase. He has a slow ability, and with him flying all over the dang place, Lee Sin is always a hilarious, semi-viable and unexpected support.

(Only do this in a normal game.)