Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion has so many problems I dont' even know where to begin. So I'll just rant.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AO Alt

02-29-2012

Quote:
Risemix:
but every game is 4v5

I shouldn't have to be 2200 elo to win games at 1000.

Need harsher penalties for leavers, period.

I had one guy come back from a 10 mintue afk and go "lol man dominion is a chill map who cares"

No, but you might need to be 2200 to win 2v5 at that elo. Which is fair. You shouldn't need more skill than 1400 to win a 4v5 at 1000 elo. Which is also fair. If you are better than 1000 elo you should be winning almost every 5v5.

Isysar

02-29-2012

It *can* be fun sometimes, and I actually don't experience most the glitches you experience, but I'm losing interest in Dominion for this reason: (not that unbalanced heroes isn't a big deal; it really is)

No one wants to play bottom, and the team loses. So I do it. But whenever I play bottom, my team horrendously fails at top. And vice versa. I have also lost like 10 dominion games in recently, and I'm just fed up with it.

Tanky champions with CC and gap closers are absolutely supreme, which i don't like. So people want to play other champions. I applaud trying to play things different than the meta, but in my experience, all that does is get you brutally raped.

I'm taking a break from Dom for a while for these reasons. Best of luck.

Viral

Recruiter

02-29-2012

Brace yourself. Here come the "dominion sucks and I'm going back to sr threads."

Commander Yordle

02-29-2012

Quote:
Isysar:
It *can* be fun sometimes, and I actually don't experience most the glitches you experience, but I'm losing interest in Dominion for this reason: (not that unbalanced heroes isn't a big deal; it really is)

No one wants to play bottom, and the team loses. So I do it. But whenever I play bottom, my team horrendously fails at top. And vice versa. I have also lost like 10 dominion games in recently, and I'm just fed up with it.

Tanky champions with CC and gap closers are absolutely supreme, which i don't like. So people want to play other champions. I applaud trying to play things different than the meta, but in my experience, all that does is get you brutally raped.

I'm taking a break from Dom for a while for these reasons. Best of luck.

Never heard of counterbuilding?

Isysar

02-29-2012

Quote:
PretzelBagel:
Never heard of counterbuilding?

No, I have. I'm just sick of playing Maokai bottom b/c no one else I've been queuing with (1750s-1820 Elo) wants to play bottom.

If Riot's not interested in caring about Dominion, I'm not that interested in playing it anymore. I can play more champs with more success and have more fun on Summoner's Rift. That's my experience anyway.

Risemix

02-29-2012

Quote:
AO Alt:
No, but you might need to be 2200 to win 2v5 at that elo. Which is fair. You shouldn't need more skill than 1400 to win a 4v5 at 1000 elo. Which is also fair. If you are better than 1000 elo you should be winning almost every 5v5.

So 1000 elo is fair because I deserve 4v5 games. I deserve to get ranked based on on well I do in games with unfair conditions.

I think that's what I'm getting here.

konfetarius

02-29-2012

Speaking from experience, 5 vs 4 are most often lost when the team of 5 has one player aimlessly running around the map, trying to decide whenever to help bottom or top point while the team of 4 actually does arcane techniques like "coordination, focus fire, ganking, having a team composition where it wins equal number engagements."

deepbluereason

02-29-2012

I'm not sure why OP is being downvoted. Dominion has a big leaver/afk problem. Ignoring it won't make it go away. Winning a single 4v5 doesn't make it ok.

Ikarurob

02-29-2012

wierd, most people treat bot like they do mid on SR.......everyone calls it or feeds

konfetarius

02-29-2012

Really? It takes a gun and a pack of dogs to convince someone to take bot in my games. I think in the last 20 games, like 2 people willingly said "I want to bot."