Dominion has so many problems I dont' even know where to begin. So I'll just rant.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

02-29-2012

If you check my last few matches, you'll notice that they all kind of suck. I've lost like 10 games in a row and I'm like 1000 elo now, where I don't really deserve to be (well probably). The reason is: every single game has been an unwinnable 4v5.

Every. Single. One.

Dominion AFKs are a huge problem. Know what else is a huge problem? The stupid mouse glitch that sometimes causes my mouse cursor to turn invisible. That's a pretty big problem. Having to restart the client in the middle of the game to switch my graphics card to onboard and play the rest of the game at 20 fps is a pretty big problem too, but at least then I can see my mouse cursor.

And then, when I come back, many items in the shop are suddenly listed as unavailable, (and in almost every case they were items I was saving for/had components already), and in many case minions and various champions are frozen in time in a beautiful representation of how the game looked 5 minutes ago. Charming, but no particularly useful. And a pretty big problem.

And then there's the balance; I don't need to talk about how ridiculous Poppy tends to be on Dominion, or Rammus, or how teleport is disabled on dominion but Shen and Pantheon's ultimates are just A-Ok. And I guess I don't need to mention that there isn't much of a chioce between waiting 5-10 minutes for a draft game or simply playing blind and attempting to deal with it.

So between AFKs, the glitchy mouse cursor, balance problems, and shop/ghost bugs that appear when I try to fix these problems, Dominion is more or less unplayable. I don't know how anyone has enough patience to play it all the way to 2k or whatever, I've about had my fill now.

Sorry, downvote if you want. I know rants like these aren't very productive but I just needed to get it out.

HowDoIMacro

02-29-2012

some 4v5s are winnable, its rare but its possible if team comp is strong and morale is high

there are known bugs, but theyre getting fixed(slowly). its annoying,yes, but its a free game...

there are plenty of OP champs, but thtats what draft mode is for. I dominion draft could use 2 more bans just because of the amount of champs that dominate Dom.

even with the current issues...its still fun!

if u dont enjoy it, dont play.

Just Get Better

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDoIMacro View Post
some 4v5s are winnable, its rare but its possible if team comp is strong and morale is high
unless the enemy are complete chimps smashing their faces on their keyboards this will not happen. Physically impossible for dominion.

AO Alt

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagetaka View Post
unless the enemy are complete chimps smashing their faces on their keyboards this will not happen. Physically impossible for dominion.
Wrong. I've won a 4v5 (from first minute) in 2400 elo. (Was 2200 at the time).
Jax, Lee, Wukong and Malz iirc.

Risemix

02-29-2012

I don't care what your elo was, your opponents were retarded and/or fed your team hard.

AO Alt

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
I don't care what your elo was, your opponents were retarded and/or fed your team hard.
Or it could be that I played with players of equal skill on my team, and they hadn't gotten up to where they're supposed to be. Ie, if I were 1000 elo like you, I could probably win a 2v5 if I had my mate with me. The same thing applies at 2200. If I've got 3 people at my skill, we can win it if we face people who are 2000-2200 elo.

larkhill

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
so does this same "i dont care about your elo, your opponents were retarded" logic apply to you as well? or are you immune from your own bullsh*t?

if u cant stand leavers, play with a group of people. theres plenty of people in the DD chat at all hours of the day.

Risemix

02-29-2012

but every game is 4v5

I shouldn't have to be 2200 elo to win games at 1000.

Need harsher penalties for leavers, period.

I had one guy come back from a 10 mintue afk and go "lol man dominion is a chill map who cares"

FOODFOOD

02-29-2012

There is a greater chance for it to be a 5v4 (your team has 5) than it is to be a 4v5 (their team has 5). Just sayin...

AO Alt

02-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
There is a greater chance for it to be a 5v4 (your team has 5) than it is to be a 4v5 (their team has 5). Just sayin...
This.

If you can't carry yourself out of 1000 elo, it might be because you belong there.