Spell vamp and aoe champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

08-24-2011

im starting to wonder if this is even effective, I've been playing morde for a while, and do a pretty good job, though im wondering if spell vamp is even worth using on him since all his abilities are aoe based instead of single target (except for his ult). since they are all aoe based, this means that your only getting 1/3 of the damage being vamped back to you. so if you dont hit 3 people minimum, your not really getting your money's worth in spell vamp.

the same would apply to champions like skarner, everyone says that the gunblade is a must have item cuz it keeps you alive. well every single one of his abilities (except for his ult again) is aoe based. so you only get 1/3 of the damage vamped so if your not hitting 3 or more, your not getting your moneys worth.

like for champions such as akali or jax it seems reasonable since they have spam able single target abilities, but for these champions, your not really getting much out of it unless your in a group fight or in a fight with your opponent's minions.

IS1e6a3fb06a9f00f35f4b6

08-24-2011

With 2 gunblades, when I use Q and E on minion wave, I go from 50% to 100% life

DarkenDragon

08-24-2011

again, this means you have to be in a minion wave to fight, chances of that happening are fairly slim if you ask me, most fights happen in jungles, brush, or between minion waves, and if your being chased, your as good as dead then. im still not convinced that spell vamp on aoe champs are worth it.

TheDoctorOfDeath

08-24-2011

its not really a fighting item for me i ussually get will of the ancients and it helps a lot with sustainability and staying power getting a revolver as early as possible can help a lot with laning

Mejakallu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

I've always been curious as to what happens if you use an AoE ability, but only hit 1 target, especially with something like Morde's Q.

In any case as long as you're hitting 3 targets, you're using your spell vamp at listed amounts and any target above that provides 33% more each.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

It is okay with AOE because usually team fight consists of five people on each side.
Try hitting more than three.

LostRaider

08-27-2011

AoE spell vamp is great on some champions. One of the better examples of AoE spell vamp I can think of is Karma, as all of her skills are AoE, giving massive spell vamp from everything it hits, while at the same time healing or shielding. Kennen is another champ that seems good with the AoE spell vamp.

Plus the aura of WOTA is just awesome.