Should Leavers lose 2.5x ELO and have teammates forgiven?

Yes 47 87.04%
No 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

4v5 ranked forgiven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saiyushu

02-28-2012

Too many games at low elo, I see someone disconnect and never come back, or is DC'd for so long to where his/her team is pretty much doomed to failure.

Maybe it's time to make anyone who is DC'd for more than 5 minutes to lose 2.5x ELO, and have teammates forgiven?

Dartanion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

Downsides man, if i made a troll account everytime our game went south i could dc and u would be forgiven. I feel your pain : D

Also it would be a bummer to lose more elo if u lost power or another major failure

Saiyushu

02-28-2012

Troll account is definitely a real issue. Though losing 2.5x elo from the occasional power failure is still the lesser evil than 4 teammates having to suffer through it.

Any ideas on how to avoid 2nd accounts being used to intentionally leave?

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

If you queue with someone, this doesn't apply to you. Basically you would only get loss forgiven for a matched teammate. I can't see how this would be abuseable then.

I think the issue also comes with Riot likes all ELO to balance out. Maybe make it so you lose half elo if you stay connected and the half you didn't lose gets transferred to the leaver.

Yeah, sucks if you have a power failure or some freak accident, but that should be quite the rare occasion. At worst you stand to lose what? 50 elo if that happens. Hardly something you can't recover from.

Saiyushu

02-28-2012

I noticed some people voting no. Mind posting your reasons?

Yung Teppei

02-28-2012

I HATE SOLO/DUO que rank...........

Game 1: Guy feeds and half way through the game he asks "is this rank?"

Game 2: My friend invites me to a rank game than he leaves....not some stranger, my own friend leaves me hanging.

Game 3: Ap Ashe

Game 4: Leaver

Game 5: I'm gonna play bots now....

iMuse

02-28-2012

I dislike when it happens, but sometimes it is not the leavers fault.
The other day, I had an issue with my league not starting a game properly randomly.
I restarted comp and everything trying to get back into game.
I eventually had to do a full uninstall and then reinstall to even get it to work. :\
If there was someone rage quitting it would be nice to punish them that way, but sometimes leavers don't intend to "leave''.

Saiyushu

02-29-2012

Well if it's not the leaver's fault, then it should be as flyingelf said, "Maybe make it so you lose half elo if you stay connected and the half you didn't lose gets transferred to the leaver."

However, differentiating between the 2 is near impossible.

Also, it's important to note, never the other 4 people's fault vs sometimes the leavers fault.
Nonetheless, the average solo Q game outside of the starting period is like 12 ELO, thus they only stand to lose like 30 ELO anyway. If the disconnects don't happen that often, it's not a big deal; if they're DCing often, then they shouldn't be playing ranked and ruining it for other people.

In conclusion, it'll work as a deterrent for people who want to play when they know their connection is unstable. And it'll take off a portion of the stress of Solo Queue for the other players.

SirTimbo

02-29-2012

I like the idea, but how would you fit in multiple leavers?

Also this COULD cause the following statements
"Leave the game baddie so we get loss forgiven otherwise we're reporting you for feeding"

hi i am blue

08-15-2013

4 of this ''NO'' votes are from Leavers xD