Why people can never get out of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guppers

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
I cant get out because people keep leaving my games and Riot knocks points off my elo for a loss I had no control over. Im counting 5 this weekend so far out of about 7 games. Not cool.
Stop being ignorant and look at the other factors.

1) 5 games doesn't mean ****. That number is so low to describe how 9 other people affect your game it's ridiculous

2) You likely made your fair share of mistakes in those 5 losses, it's not easy to dedicate a loss to one particular person or action.

3)the games you win, the other team is complaining about elo hell too, I guess the entire world is unjustly placed in low elo.

99/100 people claim they are in a low ELO when they shouldn't be.
If you have any sense of logic you know that can't all be right.
If you have a slightly better than average sense of logic... you should know that you are probably one of the people who belong where you belong because of mistakes you make

Galivet

05-29-2012

There is a continuous current or flow of new ranked players who start out at 1200 elo and gravitate toward much lower elo by losing games.

If your elo is less than 1200 for whatever reason, then you are caught up in that current of bads flowing toward much lower elo.

Your ability to get to 1300+ elo mostly depends on the number of bads who are just starting out in ranked play and need to fall from the 1200 starting point toward 0. When there are fewer, then your chances of getting grouped with (and against) more experienced players is greater and matches are actually contests of skill. When there are many bads just starting to play ranked, then it's just the luck of the draw (who gets more bads on his team).

Basically elo hell only exists because 1200 is too high of a starting point.

CX3 KSB00KuN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

I guess Karma killed you.