Why people can never get out of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fungalstrong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

Elo hell makes me sad =(
Unless u did wat my team just did and win a 4v5 with a FED jungler...
Tips on what we did was focus on the objective and split push/ back door alot.
Just stay calm and help each team mate out when you can. Turns out u can win 4v5.

Meserion

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesk8ter View Post
Allow me to break down elo hell for you all.

Person D and E are the people trying to get out of elo hell and play for enjoyment. (at 1200 elo)

They are all on the same team and of course they lose their first match. Now they are all at 1165 elo. Not only do they have a chance of being on the same team again, but person D and E made a huge waste of 1 hour.

what you should do is use the ignore button to minimize the chance ur matched up with A, B, and C again.

regardless I approve, put the slackers with the slackers. I've plummeted to 800 elo and below because there are too many people who either go AFK, feed, or fail to make use of wards or be planful pregame then rage about poor team comp even though they didn't say anything pregame.

awcrapilost

05-29-2012

why people can never get out of elo hell is because they believe they are simply better than they really are. If you're sitting between 1165-1200 it means you have something to learn at that elo before you can progress. Learning to call objectives, last hit like a pro, ward well, and most importantly, when and when not to fight are skills that set the advancing players apart from the ones who are stuck.

Carrying isn't just about kill/death ratio's, its also about game knowledge and ability to call objectives and play wisely.

Aggressive Ewe

05-29-2012

Curiously if you ignore a player you cannot be que'd with them again, yes? If this is so does that not mean you can control your elo to some extent eliminating people you deem bad?

Meserion

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Ewe View Post
Curiously if you ignore a player you cannot be que'd with them again, yes? If this is so does that not mean you can control your elo to some extent eliminating people you deem bad?
yes that how you avoid trolls, dumb people, and afk'ers that ruin matches

its why my normal queue matches are so well formed (usually) I rarely get feeders.

Xyn0s

05-29-2012

Don't forget that while it may not be their own fault, half your team might be of a different nationality/speak a different language. /:

Guppers

05-29-2012

ok your little post here that pretends to break it down logically has some flaws, cute though. You give an example of a single game and represent your teammates with A-E. In your example 3 players are trolls and you lose the game THEREFORE: elo hell is real and needs to be fixed.

this isn't even good enough to be a strawman argument man, come on.

First problem, your example spans the duration of 1 game. If you want to accurately describe any system you're going to need to describe a number of games that will be statistically significant compared to the number of variable involved.

Second problem, what about players F, G, H, I and J???? You know.. those guys on the other team that are human beings also that have the same chance of being terrible as the 4 players on your team? How convenient that you forget about the games you won not because you are a god who belongs in 2k elo, but because 3 of their players were feeding noobs.

In fact you think EVERY game you win is because you are great or got lucky not having trolls, and EVERY game you lose is because your team is noobs and fed. Also if you go 0/8 of COURSE that is not your fault, your jungler needed to give your lane more attention. HOW DARE YOU not call mia mid, i'm 2/14 because of YOU you stupid noob.

You think hotshotGG is a statistical anomoly that just happened to get lucky and make it out of elo hell? Nah, he did it because he knows that he has a random chance of having bad players on his team and he needs to be extra good to make up for them.

IN CONCLUSION
hard to make a conclusion here because I don't know what you want.. you want riot to just.. recognize you as being better with no evidence to that fact and just grant you more elo??? You'll never get better blaming other people.. calling your teammates noobs has made them play better precisely 0% of the time. Unless you change your attitude, enjoy the elo that you're in, cause you aint going anywhere anytime soon buddy

Guppers

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Ewe View Post
Probably not. The player pool that you have to choose from is so large that any number of ignores you have are likely to be insignificant compared to all the players there are. Even if you could ignore all the trolls there is always an influx of more new players.

Guppers

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesk8ter View Post
If riot wants to fix elo, make it also based on how many games are won.
r
haha sry what? I didn't notice this part the first time. Um.. elo IS based on the number of games you've won. Unfortunately for you it's based on the number of games you've won relative to the number of games you've lost.

If i got what you're saying right. You think that a person who has 1000 wins should have a higher elo than a person who has 50 win.

I'm sure that sounds great to you since you spam games and lose 80% of them. If that 1000 win person has 1500 losses and the 50 win person has 25 losses HE IS BETTER THAN YOU I AM SORRY MAN. Number of wins is irrelevant if you don't compare it to number of losses. Common sense buddy

CounterSnipe

05-29-2012

I cant get out because people keep leaving my games and Riot knocks points off my elo for a loss I had no control over. Im counting 5 this weekend so far out of about 7 games. Not cool.