Twisted Fate: Should blue card scale?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2009

I know that most people aim for gold card anyway, but that's besides the point. My point is that blue card seems so negligible after a while. It hits for paltry damage once people start getting HP. The plus side, of course, is that it's basically a free card. I'm wondering if it should be buffed just a little bit? Maybe it should scale off of his physical damage, seeing as the only people who would want blue cards are the ones who stack attack speed and aim to get as many cards as possible for small amount of mana.

Lomme

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
seeing as the only people who would want blue cards are the ones who stack attack speed and aim to get as many cards as possible for small amount of mana.
There's a problem with doing this after the latest patch though. Every time you pick a card, his attack animation restarts, making it very annoying to spam blues. No idea why this was changed.

Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing blues buffed some way. Even if I'd rather see love on something else, more useful. ^^

Quinnister

10-17-2009

I think blue cards should play off their nature.

For every successive blue card you lock, they do additional damage. If you lock many blue cards in a row, then the next blue card will hurt like a cannon. If you miss a single lock, the chain resets back to 0.

Anony

10-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
I think blue cards should play off their nature.

For every successive blue card you lock, they do additional damage. If you lock many blue cards in a row, then the next blue card will hurt like a cannon. If you miss a single lock, the chain resets back to 0.
BLUE CARD NOT USELESS?

WHATT!?!?!!?!!!

Caps.

Bongotunadreg

10-17-2009

Blue card = fail, so it shouldnt do anything but meager damage....

Locking blue cards on purpose? Really?

I mean sure a complete change on PaC would be interesting, but it would take away from the challenge.

I can see maybe each card having a different aspect to it, and gold having the most important being stun. But it's already like that, blue cards are when you miss a lock.

Mercurius

10-17-2009

AP CM. Spam blue cards for lich bane procs.

Bongotunadreg

10-18-2009

Yeah I can see that as a tactic, but whereas you deal the AP dmg from ur lichbane, you could be dealing 2-3x more dmg with a proper gold card stun.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2009

Personally, I'm hoping to build a physical DPS TF (I know, silly idea). But I feel that blue card is great for this--it's incredibly mana efficient, since you can chain it for no extra cost. Thus instead of mana and regen, you can really focus on other stats. I tried a game just now where I focus on throwing blue cards as fillers, and 1 Chalice of Harmony is pretty much enough mana regen for the entire match. Too bad I never played physical DPS before, so my build was a total shamble afterward.
Besides, getting blue card doesn't end your shuffle. You could very well keep spamming the next card. I think it's very possible to get 2 blue, then finish up with a gold. Isn't that more mana efficient than just 1 gold card by itself?

Twigg

10-18-2009

I think the blue cards in a row thing could work out. Pretty neat idea. Or maybe a buff to its damage would be sufficient

mermin

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomme View Post
There's a problem with doing this after the latest patch though. Every time you pick a card, his attack animation restarts, making it very annoying to spam blues. No idea why this was changed.

Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing blues buffed some way. Even if I'd rather see love on something else, more useful. ^^
this its a huge nerf