Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Malzahar and his ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonsBane

Recruiter

02-28-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Yes - I switched the two. Usk - that's a symptom of lack of sleep. XD



I understand your frustrations here - but please don't falsify quotes from Riot Employees - that only spreads misinformation.


Since we're on the topic, could we also get GP's oranges to not CANCEL his ult and to work like QSS on this matter? QSS let's them walk out of range, but GP's oranges completely cancel his ult. Is this working as intended?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randomocity132

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Quote:
Tryphikik:
Malzahar's ult needs to be changed honestly... Like his whole kit depends on his ult and Riot is constantly adding more champions that can stun, displace, silence, etc... Like, I enjoy Malzahar but he is unplayable against even someone with mild competence...

I don't see how his current ult is anymore fair than Morgana, Kennen, etc being easily interrupted. Forget that it is already putting you in close range and single target only in team fights...I don't even know.. I can't bring myself to play him anymore even though I enjoy him, it's not worth hoping i hit the one in million odds I get a team that can't interrupt it or won't.


It's fair. You have to bait their cc, the same as Kat. People say that Brand's is a lot better since it can hit lots of people and can't be interrupted. Instagibbing their carry while the carry is unable to move is still pretty valuable, imo.

I don't want him buffed, just auto-attacks to not stun through his ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkwahn

Member

02-28-2012

Im fairly certain that nothing stops an initiated Naut AA. Im seeing them still be thrown out after stuns suppression etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jackpot7

Senior Member

02-28-2012

I hate it when that happens to me when fighting LeBlanc or Jax because if jax activates his stun before fighting then he cancels it or LeBlanc can silence while i ulti her


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DontkillmeplzQQ

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Quote:
Tryphikik:
Malzahar's ult needs to be changed honestly... Like his whole kit depends on his ult and Riot is constantly adding more champions that can stun, displace, silence, etc... Like, I enjoy Malzahar but he is unplayable against even someone with mild competence...

I don't see how his current ult is anymore fair than Morgana, Kennen, etc being easily interrupted. Forget that it is already putting you in close range and single target only in team fights...I don't even know.. I can't bring myself to play him anymore even though I enjoy him, it's not worth hoping i hit the one in million odds I get a team that can't interrupt it or won't.


He doesn't rely on his ult to deal a lot of damages in a teamfight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randomocity132

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Quote:
Cowbones:
I hate it when that happens to me when fighting LeBlanc or Jax because if jax activates his stun before fighting then he cancels it or LeBlanc can silence while i ulti her


Fair mechanics. Auto-attacking should not be possible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D4RK3W0LF

Senior Member

02-28-2012

i've seen people just walk out of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suddenflame12

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Same thing with Garen. Garen if he is stunned suppressed or snared will hit the nearest target automatically like it or not (happens to me a lot when i play garen and they stun me by a minion i hit the minion )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryphikik

Senior Member

02-28-2012

Quote:
Randomocity132:
It's fair. You have to bait their cc, the same as Kat. People say that Brand's is a lot better since it can hit lots of people and can't be interrupted. Instagibbing their carry while the carry is unable to move is still pretty valuable, imo.

I don't want him buffed, just auto-attacks to not stun through his ult.


I think most competent opponents will know to save their cc for a Malz ult. In any case you compared it to Kat... and that pretty much says it all. Everyday they add more champions with CC and Malzahar is lowered to leveling up/low elo stomping a little more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reiver

Senior Member

02-28-2012

CC effects don't stop autoattacks.

This is nothing new and it's how the game has worked... well... forever =/

If an Udyr starts his bear autoattack animation, then you ult him, then he hits you, he breaks himself out.

Now that you know how this works, play around it and either ult him before he gets to you, or wait until he stuns you then ult him (in the 6 second window between stuns)