Malzahar and his ult

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randomocity132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2P Mate View Post
So you're saying Udyr shouldn't have a reliant stun? You are so fking stupid.
You really can't read.
At all.
Can you?
Try again.

BeeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Same problem with flashing/using mobility skills when about to get ulted from: Darius, Garen, Cho'Gath. You still manage to use flash, but you die way far from them because the ult still "hits" you somehow that far. Skarner used to have this problem too, but it's fixed.

It's just stupid for these things still work. Or you don't apply the ult, or don't apply de CD on your spells/skills. Seems that Malz and other channeling suffers the same problem.

Randomocity132

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGod View Post
Same problem with flashing/using mobility skills when about to get ulted from: Darius, Garen, Cho'Gath. You still manage to use flash, but you die way far from them because the ult still "hits" you somehow that far. Skarner used to have this problem too, but it's fixed.

It's just stupid for these things still work. Or you don't apply the ult, or don't apply de CD on your spells/skills. Seems that Malz and other channeling suffers the same problem.
Yeah, ults with a cast time have always been a bit wonky. I just wish they'd at least be consistent about em.

Epheo

02-03-2013

While i can see how this is going, but it seems like it would be difficult to change. Frankly tho I have never had a problem. You just need to wait to get cc'ed then quickly drop your combo. For instance in singed case. If you were going to ult singed then you likely werent in a team fight just 1v1. Wait for fling then drop your combo. If you are already low, well you will likely die anyway.

Malz's kit is amazing, Even if the enemy team all buys QSS, you shouldnt rely on your ult to kill. You should have plenty of damage with QWE. The ult is good damage, but it isnt absolutely necessary.

In Dom for example, 1v1 bot malz vs any champ. The enemy buys QSS, i almost always still win 1v1 fights because the ult isnt a crutch for me. Also, you can bait QSS and even CC if you play correctly. I think this adds skill matchup to the game that would otherwise be lolworthy.

Randomocity132

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epheo View Post
While i can see how this is going, but it seems like it would be difficult to change. Frankly tho I have never had a problem. You just need to wait to get cc'ed then quickly drop your combo. For instance in singed case. If you were going to ult singed then you likely werent in a team fight just 1v1. Wait for fling then drop your combo. If you are already low, well you will likely die anyway.

Malz's kit is amazing, Even if the enemy team all buys QSS, you shouldnt rely on your ult to kill. You should have plenty of damage with QWE. The ult is good damage, but it isnt absolutely necessary.

In Dom for example, 1v1 bot malz vs any champ. The enemy buys QSS, i almost always still win 1v1 fights because the ult isnt a crutch for me. Also, you can bait QSS and even CC if you play correctly. I think this adds skill matchup to the game that would otherwise be lolworthy.
I agree with most of this, but your ult shouldn't bug when you use it. Even if you're not relying on it, you wouldn't use an ability, and see it go on cooldown without causing any effect, and say "Oh, well at least I wasn't relying on it." It should be a given that the spell will work.

Randomocity132

02-05-2013

bump

Randomocity132

02-05-2013

bump

Randomocity132

02-05-2013

bump

Randomocity132

02-05-2013

bump

Epheo

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomocity132 View Post
I agree with most of this, but your ult shouldn't bug when you use it. Even if you're not relying on it, you wouldn't use an ability, and see it go on cooldown without causing any effect, and say "Oh, well at least I wasn't relying on it." It should be a given that the spell will work.
but it does work. Animation time is the issue here. AA are not channeled or cast time related. They are instant cast but the animation causes the delay. This delay allows you to start your ult but then get interrupted due to the animation completing.

It was mentioned before that sona could cause this. Exact same thing. Instant cast delay in animation (or movement speed of the spell here) causes the stun to hit after you actually ult.

Though I see why it can be an issue, i just dont see why you are making it such a big deal. There are countless ways to avoid having your ult interrupted. You are requesting major amounts of work for riot to fix something that isnt really a bug but a difference in animation vs actual.

I main malz, i know exactly the problems you are talking about. But I cannot think of a single one that is an actual bug and not animation delay. Just time your ult better and you wont notice it. Rather than saying "Make this easier for me please since i dont want to time my spells better!" :\