never ending cycle of win 3, lose 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ednortonwhatttt

2 Weeks Ago

so who else suffers from this? making no real progress in any direction in ranked because even if you on a streak and win a few, you immediately lose it all afterwards making it a complete waste of time and energy.

how is it possible in this game to have SUCH BAD TEAMS and SUCH GOOD TEAMS? i cannot recall one game recently where i played it and said, 'wow, that was a good, close game'. it's always a stomp and there's really no other way to describe it except riot's poor matchmaking doesn't take enough player factors into account.

TheLittlestSatan

2 Weeks Ago

It always seems to depend on what champ I pick.

Every time I play Viktor I have a great team that plays strong while I get fed as ****.

Every time I play Pantheon or Yasuo my team immediately and vigorously begins to feed.

ednortonwhatttt

2 Weeks Ago

that's coincidental but i literally can't recall one good game in the last few weeks where it was hard fought and close, plat btw.

ednortonwhatttt

2 Weeks Ago

bump

Jaded Junglist

2 Weeks Ago

you already said it: riot has insanely poor matchmaking. this game has the worst matchmaking system ever. it doesnt take into account personal skill. it just takes into account how hard you were carried or how bad someone ****ed up your last match

Samuel L Jaxx

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednortonwhatttt View Post
so who else suffers from this? making no real progress in any direction in ranked because even if you on a streak and win a few, you immediately lose it all afterwards making it a complete waste of time and energy.

how is it possible in this game to have SUCH BAD TEAMS and SUCH GOOD TEAMS? i cannot recall one game recently where i played it and said, 'wow, that was a good, close game'. it's always a stomp and there's really no other way to describe it except riot's poor matchmaking doesn't take enough player factors into account.
Enforced Equilibrium

Arthael

2 Weeks Ago

You realize that out of any given game, one team has to lose? And since there are two options per game, win or loss, it is a 50% chance either way.

Plays that might look amazing that net you the win could have just been a coin flip; and those very same plays in the loss games look terrible because you rolled at tails.
Playing safe does not get you the win nor does playing carelessly; but the line in between, sometimes it works for you and sometimes it does not. Just accept and move on.

Have you tried telling your team the mistake they made once they made it? Or future advice "hey its fine X is snowballing; just play back and safe, ward Y, Z; and just farm. We'll get them late game."

I would still say stop trying to win and start trying to play the game for fun and for better.
Every time you count your wins and losses, you will always be depressed.

It is a game man, play the game; if your end-goal is winning the game, then you'll be in for a rollercoaster ride. If your end-goal is playing the game, having fun, and getting better at it, then you'll be fine with wins or losses. And things will look up.

Incognonymous

2 Weeks Ago

I swear to god the system intentionally mismatches you. Too many shirt chewers in this game.

Arthael

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognonymous View Post
I swear to god the system intentionally mismatches you. Too many shirt chewers in this game.
Does it not sound reasonable though? You have to be able to rise past the bad players of the tier to ascend to the next tier. So you have to kinda win a few of these "bad matchup" games - just like baseball.

You have to win those 0 - 100% win rate for the opps games, to reach the 100 win mark and secure a playoff berth and not just hope beating on the crappy teams and losing to the good teams will get you there.

DomainSpecific

2 Weeks Ago

I usually get streaks like 6 wins, 4 losses. Extremely annoying, even though I am climbing.