20 Minute Surrender is far too long (Part 2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

02-28-2012

For whatever reason, my original thread in the general section got closed. So I'll repost it here. There wasn't even a mod post explaining why it was closed. So yeah. Here it is again.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1868722&page=2

Quote:
There's times when your team is AFK, your doing bad, your team is doing bad, you're against severely overpowered champions, or against that perfect combination of champions where you are helpless. Or if you're just being outclassed so early in the game....

20 Minutes is too long.

10 Minutes I think is just right.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

It was probably closed because it's a terrible idea. I already get ticked off when my team surrenders a game at 20:00 just because we're 3 kills behind. I get even more ticked when we surrender a game where 1 champ like Rumble or LB got fed instead of waiting it out for our lategame with Vayne and Ahri.

If anything I'd like no or longer surrender timers.

AutoSys

02-28-2012

You can also type /all team is afk, push mid and finish the game.

Loptous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

No. I have won games were my team wanted to surrender before.
10 minutes you cant say its over...rofl for the game to be over in 10 minutes it must be a TOTAL disaster.
People already tend to give up after one wrong team fight...Oh we aced? Surrender.

Terrible idea. Want short games? Play dominion.

20 minute is short

J4CKAL

02-28-2012

i disagree with this thread.

this is why.

Tide of war changes.. if you drag out the game long enough.. you could make a comeback..

i was doing a 5v5 and 2 people dc.. my friend and i almost won.. (their pantheon jumped to our nexus and ended it.. global panth)

i think you should be able to surrender at 15 mins if like.. someone dced on your team.. or 10 mins if 2 people dc (or something like that)

Haunchbones

02-28-2012

i hate surrender losses, like sure were 10 kills behind, doesnt mean were gonna lose, ANYTHING is possible after 45~ minutes,

MillForMe

02-28-2012

I'm okay with surrender's at 20. At 20 minutes, you have an understanding of how your teammates cooperate, handle situations, and make decisions. If, after giving good advice and trying to lead, they either continue their mistakes, or argue, call it quits.

I don't like staying in games where there are constant ganks, no wards, arguing, and disregarding people. Basically, I surrender when I give up on my team. Never before.

DeathByWaffle

02-28-2012

A lot of times I wish surrender time could be lowered to 15 minutes

Skilltestingman

02-28-2012

I've been in situations where it was like 15 minutes in and I said "no way we can win now, just surrender", my team said no and just keep playing. At 20 minutes i pressed surrender and no one said yes.

We managed to beat that team.

See what you don't understand is that 20 minutes is perfect because it gives you a lot of time to see what the situation of the game is like. You may fail at the teamfights in the first 10-15 minutes (if there are teamfights), then maybe you see that as time goes on, you're getting 1 more kill than you did last time, then 2 more. This is progression and if your team keeps up the same pace, you're on your way to victory.

What people don't realize is that no matter how fed a champ is, once everyone has full build, cs, kills, deaths, etc mean ****. It's all about which champs are better late and how good your teamfight is.

Sometimes stalling can help.

Bukumber Express

02-29-2012

My team wanted to surrender because all of our turrets were gone and all we had were our inhibitors and the nexus. We ended up winning by bypassing their inhibitors and just wrecking the nexus after a team fight that we had the upper hand on.