How to join the PVP chat with pidgin

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oskietje

Member

12-12-2012

I have the same problem with the above poster. For the last few months I haven't been able to join any of the chat rooms. Does anyone have some updated information or direction for us, as I've been in search and found nothing!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicQuasar

Senior Member

12-14-2012

conference.pvp.net has been changed to lvl.pvp.net


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxtion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-24-2013

It says I was disconnected and host unknown


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Hmm... I'm not sure what I started doing right to get the friends list working, but thanks. I'll try chat rooms tomorrow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

telamiel

Junior Member

02-17-2013

I just set this up through pidgin as OP suggested. The buddy chat works just fine. A few problems that I've run into though:
-If you have pidgin connected to the LoL chat server, the chat function in your LoLclient will disconnect and I can't figure out how to get it to reconnect without restarting the LoLclient. I have tried disconnecting pidgin from the lolchat server and I still can't get the service in the LoLclient to reconnect. This doesn't seem like a big problem except that you lose some of the extra functionality of the inclient chat service. Game invites don't work while you're using pidgin because they function through the chat client. all you'll get if someone sends you an invite is a bunch of xml tags with the invite info and no way to actually interact with the invite.
-Pidgin gives you the ability to add buddies to your buddy list. This is good except when you try to add yourself. Pidgin will let you do this but the LoL client doesn't like it. If you add yourself as a buddy, when you next try to use the inclient chat service, you'll have a null buddy entry in your buddy list and the rest of your buddies won't list properly. the LoLclient also won't let you remove this buddy, you have to go back into pidgin and find the buddy you added among your offline buddies and remove it. then the chat service will work again.
-I can't figure out how to get to the groupchats. pidgin asks for a conference server to point the groupchat function at and I've tried 'conference' , 'lvl' , 'conference.pvp.net', and 'lvl.pvp.net' with no success.
I would love to be able to use pidgin so that I can interact with my friends on lol while I'm not signed into LoL or while I'm speccing a game in the LoLClient, but right now I'm not sure it's worth it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corrosive0

Senior Member

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamiel View Post
-I can't figure out how to get to the groupchats. pidgin asks for a conference server to point the groupchat function at and I've tried 'conference' , 'lvl' , 'conference.pvp.net', and 'lvl.pvp.net' with no success.
This, I can answer for you. The other parts I'll have to leave to someone else.
In order from top down, the fields in the Join a Chat window should be filled with:
Account (Obvious one)
pu~(hash goes here)
lvl.pvp.net
sum(Your code, you can check it on LoLKing for example if it's not already filled in)

Leave the password field empty.

For example, to join the PlaywithRiot chat room, you'd fill them as follows:
Account
pu~c1d83f5739e66d847ade80885fb2599e2aff7dab
lvl.pvp.net
sum40199841 (This is yours, by the way.)

Edit 29.6. -13:
Some people are having problems with connecting to the LoL chat servers due to not having the necessary certificate. I've uploaded one for download.
http://puu.sh/2SxJa/823a00f32f.pem (NA server only.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSSRinoa

Junior Member

06-30-2013

Wisknort here: I've transferred to the Oceanic server, but have been unable to get back in from Pidgin. Finally tried oc1 as the server, got this error:

The certificate for chat.oc1.lol.riotgames.com could not be validated. The certificate chain presented is invalid.

I'm guessing the guy above me knows how to fix this, does it require someone else to get in successfully? Or does this suggest I'm doing something wrong? (All my other settings are identical to this account on NA.)

Oh, a side-note: I've apparently been getting in fine without the resource. I still haven't figured out what it actually does...

EDIT: Oh, and I can still seem to get chatrooms at conference.pvp.net. Go figure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hi im bosu

Recruiter

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosive0 View Post
Edit 29.6. -13:
Some people are having problems with connecting to the LoL chat servers due to not having the necessary certificate. I've uploaded one for download.
http://puu.sh/2SxJa/823a00f32f.pem (NA server only.)
Which certificate store do we need to import this cert into?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ph30n1xf1ght3r

Junior Member

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingOgre View Post
Which certificate store do we need to import this cert into?
On Pidgin Goto Tools>Certificates>Add and select the certificate


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ph30n1xf1ght3r

Junior Member

09-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSRinoa View Post
Wisknort here: I've transferred to the Oceanic server, but have been unable to get back in from Pidgin. Finally tried oc1 as the server, got this error:

The certificate for chat.oc1.lol.riotgames.com could not be validated. The certificate chain presented is invalid.

I'm guessing the guy above me knows how to fix this, does it require someone else to get in successfully? Or does this suggest I'm doing something wrong? (All my other settings are identical to this account on NA.)

Oh, a side-note: I've apparently been getting in fine without the resource. I still haven't figured out what it actually does...

EDIT: Oh, and I can still seem to get chatrooms at conference.pvp.net. Go figure.
Refer to my post above on how to import the certificate and here are the certificates

NA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcym9ra5cz...tgames.com.crt
OCE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2leiwropgi...tgames.com.crt


123