AP Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Puma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

So I have an AD Assassin, an AD and AP Carry, some Support and Tank options. But I dont have a good AP Assassin. I mainly play blind, but I just suck as Kass, and my other options are Ahri, Akali, LB, Fizz, and Shaco.

FDru

02-28-2012

Kass is the strongest and easiest to play out of them all.

Maybe you're not building him right... I'd suggest Frozen Heart, Sweeper, Abyssal, Deathcap, Archangel.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2012

Ahri is good (but not banworthy like Kassadin)
I hate it when people on my team pick Akali (because it usually means they haven't played much recently)

LB is viable, but she isn't a safe pick (IE you can't just pick LB before you see their teamcomp)

I see Fizz, and sometimes he is a beast, and sometimes he just gets pooped on... I'm not sure what to think about this champion in dominion right now.

I think AP Shaco sucks right now. When dominion first came out, AP Shaco was super annoying, and his boxes lasted forever, but right now, you really have to play him AD if you want to do anything for your team.

Really though, Kassadin is the king of AP assassins right now. Just copy someone good's build and learn the mechanics/damages (for instance, you can hop really thick walls if you position yourself properly). Usually see a crapload of mana items (ala Ryze) and Mpen, and eventually some AP.

Yaladilae

02-28-2012

I love how you call Ahri an assassin -.-

AbsolutePK

02-28-2012

Evelynn.

Dat Deathfire Lich's Bane combo.

Reminds me I haven't even given Evelynn a try in an actual game. Just 1 lone bot game.

Psi21

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
I think AP Shaco sucks right now. When dominion first came out, AP Shaco was super annoying, and his boxes lasted forever, but right now, you really have to play him AD if you want to do anything for your team.
AP Shaco's power wasn't always in his JiBs. More of his Deathfire + improved exhaust + box + Deceive (autocrit) + shiv + ignite combo.

Boxes from 90 seconds to 60 seconds duration didn't really change his power.

And we are just about the same ELO

http://kl1p.com/DominionRatings3

Cauldrath

02-28-2012

Kassadin actually has really low AP ratios for his burst combo: 1.9 (+ 0.15 per W AA, but that isn't really burst anymore), so just stacking pure AP on him doesn't work as well. LeBlanc's full combo, for example, has a 3.76 AP ratio. LichBane improves his use of AP significantly (roughy 50% increased AP ratio if all you do is RQEW attack, which can easily be improved on), and mana is important so that you can stack his ult, so rushing a Deathcap on him like I see a lot of people do isn't a great idea. Waiting until after LichBane to build your Deathcap makes it much more valuable.

I'll also agree that Ahri is best played as a poker, rather than an assassin. Fizz is kind of tanky dps, although with more bursty damage than most in that category. AP Shaco is good against a team that doesn't know how to deal with him, but isn't that great most of the time. Kass is banned almost all the time, so you can't depend on him.

Hawktitan

02-28-2012

FIZZ!

Fizz is awesome. I recently wrote a little about him not that long ago to someone asking about him.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1832874

VenomBurn

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Evelynn.

Dat Deathfire Lich's Bane combo.

Reminds me I haven't even given Evelynn a try in an actual game. Just 1 lone bot game.
I know what death fire and lich bane is but what is Dat?

JeezJeezy

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomBurn View Post
I know what death fire and lich bane is but what is Dat?
Dat = That. Usually replaced when saying something is awesome. Gain popularity from the "Dat Ass" Meme. Now people say Dat _____ to mean something is great/awesome/epic/etc