AP Mid Janna IS NOT A TROLL PICK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tashigamea

02-27-2012

AP Janna is like Mid Karma. You do good damage, but all in all, you don't have any real way to kill your opponent. It'll just be a farm fest till your jungle ganks.

Fisherman Fizz

02-27-2012

Xerath's Q might do less damage, but that's because you're going to be hitting it way more often. He also has another ability that stuns, longer range and magic pen, and an ult that also damages. Janna CAN be placed in mid, but that's not the optimal way to play her and other casters will do that role better.

Cromathor

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Omni View Post
She can't carry. Her hardest hitting spell is a delayed skillshot with a predictable trajectory.
AP TF would like to talk to you...

Pogl0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

i play janna ap mid and i can say its a amazing pick, can DESTROY karthus anus (always win that match) destroy ziggs (same) and laught at cass face

Sessamo

02-27-2012

At this point Panties I am not surprised in the least you get trolled, and it has very little to do with who you pick.

Hootenannyy

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovietclam View Post
What does she really do in team-fights though? I know she has AMAZING utility with her ult and knockups and slow and sheild, but there are times when your team just simply needs someone with a hard nuke to get down the enemy carry.

I can see this being good with a team comp that maybe runs a kill-lane bot, or one with alot of damage already, like jungle yi or tryndamere.
Thank you for finally bringing team composition into this thread. Jesus. I'm not sure why people are so convinced that the game begins and ends with the lane that they're in. Instead, the train of thought apparently is "If I can't kill everybody but the main tank with one spell rotation then I can't carry on my own and if I can't carry on my own then this champ sucks downvote downvote downvote."

Let me tell you my experience with mid Jannas...as a jungler.

I ping mid for a gank, Janna slows then knocks up the enemy (likely non-escape) mid-laner. Let's call her Annie. Janna knocks Annie sky high with a slow after dealing a modest amount of damage (come on, she isn't completely damage-less. A few early AP items exploit her scaling pretty effectively), then shields me (a good deal more than a support Janna would), providing also a damage buff for me in the process. If I'm Lee Sin, in this scenario, Annie's getting one-shotted for two reasons.

1) Janna is holding her in the same place for so ****ing long that if I miss my Q I will uninstall.

2) The added damage to all my abilities causes me to hit like a truck, thus compensating for Janna's lack of nuke-style burst damage.

Like ANY CHAMPION IN THE GAME, there are some teams that you fit relatively well in, and teams that you don't. Synergy wins games, not the ability to cycle through your spells and wipe someone off the map for thirty seconds. You know who I would NOT recommend mid-lane Janna with? An AP/tanky jungler, or with a low-damage team that is already heavy on disable (durr). This is about using your heads, picking as a team, and trying to effectively counterpick the enemy team. Saying that Janna is ABSOLUTELY a bad mid in ALL situations and should be treated as a TROLL PICK is insane. Really. It is.

Plenty of people will call her "situational" or "niche" , but frankly, every champ in the game is. Some niches are slightly larger than others.

lol I died again

02-27-2012

Eve: Still not a troll pick either.

Haestro

02-27-2012

I wouldn't call it a troll pick. I wouldn't call it great either.

Underpanties

02-27-2012

bump for stupid people

Underpanties

02-28-2012

bump