AP Mid Janna IS NOT A TROLL PICK

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Underpanties

02-27-2012

Okay I need to clear up a few misconceptions, since I'm SICK AND TIRED of my team duo midding with me and trolling, leading to a definite loss, when if they would just PLAY THE F*CKING GAME like I was -ANY OTHER F*CKING MID- it would be a guaranteed win.

Here's some comparisons to keep in mind. Janna can definitely hold her own in mid lane, can push many out with some of the best harass/damage combos, and is impossible to push out of lane with her shield sustain/ult.

Just for some number comparison, Here's how Janna's Tornado stands up to other AP's nukes.

Q: howling gale
Maximal damage: 135 / 175 / 230 / 285 / 340 (+0.75 per ability power)

^ The above assumes you've fully charged the 4 seconds. that's not really going to happen often, but even a novice Janna can hit consistently with a charge-less Tornado

Magic Damage: 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 (+0.75 per ability power)

^ This is without any charge-up at all. The base damage isn't great, but .75AP is a GREAT ratio for an AoE, let alone one that has knockup.

Just for comparison here's a similar spell; Xerath's Q

Damage: 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+0.6 per ability power)

Without the charge-up Xerath wins out, but even with 2 seconds of charge, Janna does more damage, and scales BETTER than Xerath's does. Janna's also a better farmer since she can one-shot the entire creep wave. Xerath has to be considerably more farmed to do this.

Now her other great nuke Zephyr

Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds

Magic Damage: 60 / 115 / 170 / 225 / 280 (+0.8 per ability power)

Slow: 24 / 30 / 36 / 42 / 48%

80% Ratio! AND a slow on it. This ability makes you RIDICULOUSLY annoying to solo against and gives you fizz's passive for free. It costs almost no mana and has huge damage potential on it. 300 damage.

Just for comparison...
Annie's Q Magic Damage: 85 / 125 / 165 / 205 / 245 (+0.7 per ability power)

She does Less damage that scales worse later in the game. She makes up for it by having a full 3 spell combo, but Janna's not the straight up nuker mage.

tl;dr There is a misconception that Janna does 'no damage' and 'only r&tards send Janna mid' and 'her scaling is $hit'. This is all a bunch of ****. She actually has some of the highest base AND ratios on her damage spells that completely go to waste in a 0 cs bot lane. Yes, janna CAN win a bot lane, but she is suboptimal there. With her shield, you can take a free towershot or harass directed at you, and hit them back. You will win against almost every single mage in the game, and if you can't? Just Q-farm every wave and you'll out-CS them.

STOP TROLLING GOD **** AP JANNAS AND IF SOMEONE SAYS MID AP JANNA THAT DOES -NOT- MEAN ITS F*CKING OKAY TO PICK KOG MAW, SIT MID AND REFUSE TO LEAVE. OKAY?????

viledemon19

02-27-2012

she is a troll pick. Sure she can push waves but then what? nothing. if you do that in a game with me then prepare for a troll pick back

Cresdox

02-27-2012

AP is just not good

DumbGenius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by viledemon19 View Post
she is a troll pick. Sure she can push waves but then what? nothing. if you do that in a game with me then prepare for a troll pick back
I'm still undecided on Janna mid, but the sheer audacity and the abject stupidity of your reply caught me by surprise that I lost my train of thought.

Kidrik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

ITT Troll picks aren't troll picks because of AP Ratios

SculptorOvFlesh

02-27-2012

ap janna too stronk

Winktoblink

02-27-2012

Quote:
Someone clearly hasn't played or seen a good ap mid janna.

What's that? Team is low? Heal to full health in a few seconds XD

daluvin

02-27-2012

its even more troll then midraka

Dracinis

Recruiter

02-27-2012

Quote:
Actually, with around 400-500 ap she will shield around 700 damage, heal an entire team to almost full health with her ult if channeled, her zephyr is able to atleast(if not more) quarter shot the carry as well as an aoe cc with a fairly low cooldown doing decent damage.

Shevmo

02-27-2012

Yes, she can in fact push the wave. You know what makes for potent ganks? CC.

Gee I wonder what Janna's skills do ...

12345 ... 7