how to counter ziggs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wiIdbeast569

Recruiter

02-27-2012

how do i counter ziggs? and what champions should i play
my friend plays him and i want to 1v1 him and win XD
i hav tryndamere, yi, karthus, nidalee, xin zhao, nunu, corki, ashe, and annie
i can also try the free champs
plz giv me help
thx

Folly Inc

02-27-2012

Boots then go at him bro.

Seriously, Boots give you movement speed and running AT ziggs generally causes his bombs to go clear over your head. I've murdered a great many Ziggs this way, assuming you've waited for him to burn his minefield.

Carados

02-27-2012

Right click to move, watch animations, but this game isn't balanced around 1v1. Keep that in mind.

wiIdbeast569

Recruiter

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
Boots then go at him bro.

Seriously, Boots give you movement speed and running AT ziggs generally causes his bombs to go clear over your head. I've murdered a great many Ziggs this way, assuming you've waited for him to burn his minefield.
which champ should i play

Taylion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

One that has Silence

Sokolniki

02-27-2012

AD champs and Short CD Flash champs absolutely crush him in mid lane... particularly if you stand clear and to the side of the minion wave so he can't get you with splash if you dodge and the bomb hits a minion near enough to you... but you'll want a ward up to avoid getting ganked from behind. Side stepping and stepping into his Q's to get them to go over you really throws off his early game. Boots are really required to lane against him. His Q's range is absurd though so learn to step to the side more than running back when laning against him.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Based on your list you have a few options for 1v1...

Ap YI: Fails in real games but 1v1 mid you will deny hard. Harass/farm with alpha then heal up to full health. Soon he's out of mana trying to harass and either has to run back to base and lose turrets or let you kill him (you should be full/near full health as you're almost never in range and constantly harassing/healing.

Annie: Safe farm, hold stun. As soon as he tries to harass you dodge his skills (sidestep ez) then stun him, combo and run back before he can harass. Start boots + 3 pots. 1 point in Q then focus levelnig W and obviously ultimate. Well placed stun Q + W + few auto attacks and 1/3-1/2 his health is gone. Repeat again + ignite and you get free kills.

Karthus: Safe farm, harass with bomb. Run at him and wall his escape. Keep exploding bombs in his face while dodging his and make sure he stays in your AOE field.

A well played trynd would also DESTROY him but requires a bit more work... as soon as he throws combo, whirl ontop of him, harass hard. if he tries to run use your debuff and keep hitting. You have heal to keep you up.

TLDR: Don't get hit... his skills are fairly easy to dodge so just stay mobile and don't let him harass with passive (it actually hurts, a lot)

FatTurtle

02-27-2012

AP yiii

Kevíñ

09-13-2012

Ap yi