New Matchmaking System Idea.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asazen

02-27-2012

I don't know about all of you but I think this would be a good idea. Before you queue for a game, you have to know what type of champion you want to play, and you must check off either Support, Carry, Tank, Melee Etc. It would then match you up with someone who is playing a tank, someone with a carry and so on for a full team.

To make sure people couldn't troll the system Riot would have to make it so if you choose "Carry", you can only choose the champions you have that are Carry's.

To make it more flexible though, instead of choosing one class of champion you wanted to be, you could choose two, and then work it out with your team from there. It would help the people who don't know if they want to be a carry or a support, so they could check both and have the ability to be either one, (working it out with their team of course).

Got this idea from the Rift and WOW Instance/Dungeon queues. This idea has probably already been thrown around but I would like to hear my fellow players comments xD! Thanks!

OG Skywalker

02-27-2012

Ya this idea works so well actually i remember playing wow before they had this que idea and life sucked. I definitely agree that riot should implement this into the game, it would definitely help some people out with lower elos get away from the trolls

Ron Juicy

02-27-2012

this is assuming that ALL team comps MUST be the same and have EXACTLY 1 of each type of character. Part of the fun of this game is not being FORCED to have a certain team comp imo

Rockoutwithmy

02-27-2012

Make options like this availble, maybe a seperate mode for people who want to practice with the meta, aka people trying to get better with others trying to get better instead of a serious mode.
+1

SmudgePudge

02-27-2012

I'm going to have to vote no on this. I like where you are coming from and where you are trying to go but I just played a game with two supports and no tank and not only did it last a long time and came down to one team fight, it was fun as hell.

The solution to this problem has already been discussed. Riot needs to fix the current elo system and then implement a version of it in blind mode. Once you hit the upper 20s you realize that level is absolutely no indication of how well you play. At the very least I'd like to play people who have as many or more wins than I do.

Doing what you suggest would basically put Riot in the position of directing the meta game and one of the best things about pvp games is that the community dictates how the game is played to a large extent.