How did ELO works?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeadHünter

02-27-2012

i dont get it well,for example:

Phreak has 134/123 (win/defeat) and he has 1665 ELO (Gold)

i have a friend that is 402/415 (win/defeat) and he is on 1276 ELO (Bronze)

Iam 178/152 and im not even bronze. why this happens?

SacredWinds

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

It all depends on the first 5 matches. If you win those you will be insanely ahead and probably be somewhere up at 1400+ or something and then each loss and win will go from there ranging from +10 to +20. If you lose say 4 matches and win 1 like me than youll be 1100 elo or so and if will be much harder carrying yourself out. It is painful

AutoSys

02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHünter View Post
i dont get it well,for example:

Phreak has 134/123 (win/defeat) and he has 1665 ELO (Gold)

i have a friend that is 402/415 (win/defeat) and he is on 1276 ELO (Bronze)

Iam 178/152 and im not even bronze. why this happens?
Broken system is broken.

Phreak probably had an 80% or better ratio his first 20 games which put him up in the top tier. Once you get up there you only need like a 59% win ratio to hover within 100 of the elo you got catapulted into.

When you lose more elo on a loss then you gain on a win it ensures that you will have to play A LOT of matches to climb out of low elo.

Basically your first 20 matches of ranked you want to play with at least one or two friends that way you can get 75% or better win ratio...after that you are good.

Knowing when the weaker rank games are played for your time zone helps push this to 90% or better.