Is Rammus still super OP or is qq just habit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricedream5

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Despite the necro, I think Rammus is incredibly strong right now. Cleavers? BFT? lol, press w to gain 120 armor/mr. He's probably the most resilient tank overall except alistar during ult while simultaneously being the quickest and most damaging. You could build void, bft on him and do something like 1k-2k damage to everyone on the enemy team. He is very ult dependent, but it is on a 36s cd with max cdr. His cc is pretty strong as well, having a 3s taunt that can make an autoattacker suicide on thornmail.
That said, I almost never see one nowadays. Not sure why.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denambren View Post
Powerball has barely noticed the nerf because there is no champ that comes remotely close to having this kind of mobility on so short a cooldown.
Nidalee, Kassadin, Riven, Jayce...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricedream5 View Post
Despite the necro, I think Rammus is incredibly strong right now. Cleavers? BFT? lol, press w to gain 120 armor/mr. He's probably the most resilient tank overall except alistar during ult while simultaneously being the quickest and most damaging. You could build void, bft on him and do something like 1k-2k damage to everyone on the enemy team. He is very ult dependent, but it is on a 36s cd with max cdr. His cc is pretty strong as well, having a 3s taunt that can make an autoattacker suicide on thornmail.
That said, I almost never see one nowadays. Not sure why.
Guys, armor and MR steroids counter penetration builds.

You heard it here first.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Nidalee, Kassadin, Riven, Jayce...
Haha, when did Nidalee become OP anyway? I don't think she's OP, but she is stronger than before.

Edited to be less snarky, as that isn't my intent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
Haha, when did Nidalee become OP anyway? I even made a thread a few months back about why Nid made a good team player, and why she shouldn't be written off as an idiot throwing spears. Many players explained why they don't want her on their team, now she's LOLOP. Hilarious.
Actually there's a good reason for the change of sentiment. You can read it and then decide if you still find it hilarious.

Nidalee gains a ton of free ms with her passive as well as Cougar form, and considering the hefty ms nerfs from the buyable items Nidalee is now faster than everybody on the field.

Nidalee's traps, which used to do marginal damage, now do half your health if she has Liandry's or BFT, in addition to lowering your MR by a Void Staff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
Haha, when did Nidalee become OP anyway? I even made a thread a few months back about why Nid made a good team player, and why she shouldn't be written off as an idiot throwing spears. Many players explained why they don't want her on their team, now she's LOLOP. Hilarious.

Yeh man, hammer blow balance to the game across the board never change a champions balance.

Ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Actually there's a good reason for the change of sentiment. You can read it and then decide if you still find it hilarious.

Nidalee gains a ton of free ms with her passive as well as Cougar form, and considering the hefty ms nerfs from the buyable items Nidalee is now faster than everybody on the field.

Nidalee's traps, which used to do marginal damage, now do half your health if she has Liandry's or BFT, in addition to lowering your MR by a Void Staff.
Half your health is a bit of a stretch, but a well thought out.rebuttal nonetheless. I don't think she's on the list of "OP" champs, to be sure, but BFT has helped her to be quite strong. She was always slippery, and I suppose the MS nerfs have had some impact on that as well.

In short, I agree on your points that she's stronger than she was, but I don't cringe when I see her in blind pick unlike, say, Kassadin or Jayce.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronAegis

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Yeh man, hammer blow balance to the game across the board never change a champions balance.

Ever.
As I said, stronger, yes, but not on the cheesecake tier list. I have edited my original comment as I'd prefer not to argue about it further, really.