Is Rammus still super OP or is qq just habit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
this relates to the point of rammus capping top tower at lvl 3 before the enemy even gets to it how?

the entire arguement against rammus is he's too mobile AND too tanky. if he was just mobile or just tanky, thats fine. zil is a perfect example of a champ thats mobile. but he's not nearly as good of a support/ap carry as rammus is a good tank.

it wager a guess that with the 20% or so cdr u can get at lvl 3, zil wouldnt beat a rammus to top.
Rammus can't cap top tower before the enemy gets there as long as anyone on the enemy team has ghost and understands how speed shrines work. A Zilean could easily get there fast enough to stop Rammus from capping.

I think the point about Zilean was that later in the game, while Rammus is running around being a nuisance, Zilean can technically do the same thing.

Glumduk

02-27-2012

He can still swing a game. There's no reason -not- to ban Rammus.

Basoosh

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
this relates to the point of rammus capping top tower at lvl 3 before the enemy even gets to it how?
I don't know where you keep coming up with this. I haven't seen a Rammus pull this off since release week against players that had no idea what was going on.

Denambren

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
So since Zil is faster than Rammus that makes him OP right? Or are you dumb?

I'm gonna go with you're dumb.
I think its obvious that the natural survivability of Rammus (mentioned in my post) and his taunt (not mentioned in my post) combined with him having the greatest mobility in the game is what makes him OP.

Rammus has this incredible mobility at the very moment the match starts. Zilean must level up his W and E, and must build cooldown reduction and mana items, giving him this kind of presence in the late game. I can't concede the title of mobility to Zilean when Rammus has such a powerful movement ability at match start, and when a single Q from Rammus is adequate enough to reach almost any point of the map (and arguably still faster than Zilean when it begins to reach top speed). When you consider Rammus has this kind of mobility kit, and then you slap on his tankiness and CC, you get an OP champion.

Rebonack

02-27-2012

High mobility, high durability, heavy CC, and solid damage (both single target and AoE) puts Rammus in a very powerful place.

120 MR/Armor. 30 armor shred. 60+ AD. In terms of raw gold value I don't think any other champ gets quite so many free stats.

Denambren

02-27-2012

On the topic of FDru bringing up Zilean as being the king of mobility, it got me thinking that if Rammus would actually gain speed and/or speed duration with each level he added to his Q (similar to Zilean) , that may balance things out, with level 5 being the current speed he has now.

Omfg Devin

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denambren View Post
I think its obvious that the natural survivability of Rammus (mentioned in my post) and his taunt (not mentioned in my post) combined with him having the greatest mobility in the game is what makes him OP.

Rammus has this incredible mobility at the very moment the match starts. Zilean must level up his W and E, and must build cooldown reduction and mana items, giving him this kind of presence in the late game. I can't concede the title of mobility to Zilean when Rammus has such a powerful movement ability at match start, and when a single Q from Rammus is adequate enough to reach almost any point of the map (and arguably still faster than Zilean when it begins to reach top speed). When you consider Rammus has this kind of mobility kit, and then you slap on his tankiness and CC, you get an OP champion.
To back this up, I play with a 4 man premade. We tend to dodge if one of us doesn't want bot and the pub won't, and we always have a strong top. As long as either my housemate or I play rammus, we tend to win. We follow up our rammus with blitz and generally two dps characters. The cc is great. The games we tend to lose happen our other rammus and I both play dps. keep in mind, we tend to play our dps the best.

simplygnome

02-28-2012

I ban Rammus when Im in solo....

When Im in a 4-5 man, I don't waste a ban slot on him. He's a good tank, but his speed is just a noob stomping ability. If you're aware and you don't overstack your champs, you should ALWAYs have a floater to intercept rammy.

In an actual Dom FIGHT, there are much better champs to ban....

SquirtingSquid

02-02-2013

ya hes op

Tortferngatr

02-02-2013

Yorick called. He wants his thread back home.

Incidentally, Rammus isn't really a big threat anymore. Power creep and all that.