Is Rammus still super OP or is qq just habit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Honestly I don't think he's as difficult to deal with as Wukong, Ryze, or Urgot is but he's still really ****ing good. Bit overhyped, but definitely a strong pick.

larkhill

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
So since Zil is faster than Rammus that makes him OP right? Or are you dumb?

I'm gonna go with you're dumb.
the problem with zil is that he he takes up a support/ap carry slot but doesnt do either of those roles very well. zil may be fast but he doesnt do anything except be fast. ramm is a tank, and a fairly good one at that. and on top of that, he's also insanely fast.

take away zil's movement speed and rammus' movement speed and rammus still remains one of the better tanks. zil turns into a useless ult-bot.

Redenbacher

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
the problem with zil is that he he takes up a support/ap carry slot but doesnt do either of those roles very well. zil may be fast but he doesnt do anything except be fast. ramm is a tank, and a fairly good one at that. and on top of that, he's also insanely fast.

take away zil's movement speed and rammus' movement speed and rammus still remains one of the better tanks. zil turns into a useless ult-bot.
Exactly, which means that Rammus' mobility is not the only reason he is perceived as overpowered. It's the entire kit.

However this argument is exceptionally irritating:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AO Alt View Post
...does ~70% of an AD's hp in the 2 seconds they're taunted.
That's the AD carry's fault for building glass cannon, and/or positioning themselves poorly. If you're facing Rammus as an auto-attacker, and refusing to build any MR + CC reduction/removal, you're a fool.

I managed to grab Rammus in a couple of games of Draft when I had first ban, and they chose to ban Kassadin instead of Rammus. One team stacked a bunch of silences and it was a pretty **** close game. Had they not picked all burst AP champions save for Renekton, they probably would have won. The point being that you can counter-pick Rammus, it just takes teamwork to pull it off... and since it takes a team to change their entire approach to the game in order to counter ONE champion, that makes him a very strong pick worth banning.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Quote:

I wouldn't say that, his ability to bring a teammate back to life is extremely good especially in Dom, and then bombs are a fairly decent nuke.

But yeah speed isn't everything, especially in Dom.

deepbluereason

02-27-2012

Quote:

I go CDR on Zil. Nothing like 100% uptime on Time Warp to really piss people off.

I've been playing a lot of Dom lately and it doesn't seem like any champ is really op. Poppy might be a bit rigged because of how easy it is to pull off her stun charge but otherwise there's no single champ that I cringe when I see it on the enemy team during loading.

Omfg Devin

02-27-2012

I played my first games as rammus this week in dominion. I went on a 7 game winning streak until my team mates all instalocked tanks after i had chosen rammus. He isn't unstoppable, but he is most definitely a game changer when played well. If you duo que with a good dps, you're going to roll through people. Quite literally

I did find it quite boring to just play rammus over and over again..

Ahlen

02-27-2012

Quote:

Because Zil speed boost lasts so long.

Derp.

Argodis

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
Because Zil speed boost lasts so long.

Derp.
With max CDR you can keep the boost on permanently.

As for Rammus, he's the same as Kassadin. You can't make them not good on Dominion without making them noticeably underpowered. Their kits are just extremely good on Dominion.

larkhill

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
With max CDR you can keep the boost on permanently.
this relates to the point of rammus capping top tower at lvl 3 before the enemy even gets to it how?

the entire arguement against rammus is he's too mobile AND too tanky. if he was just mobile or just tanky, thats fine. zil is a perfect example of a champ thats mobile. but he's not nearly as good of a support/ap carry as rammus is a good tank.

it wager a guess that with the 20% or so cdr u can get at lvl 3, zil wouldnt beat a rammus to top.

FDru

02-27-2012

Quote:
this relates to the point of rammus capping top tower at lvl 3 before the enemy even gets to it how?
He can't, you're stupid. Pointless to argue because you're horrible and will never get it. God, shut the **** up already.

These threads are painful to read.