Team reliant roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deatras

02-26-2012

I have a problem. I love playing the roles that boost the team. whether i play a tank, support or jungler, i always play to maximize the benefit my teammates recieve from me being on the roster. This worked out great when i first started out in ranked bringing me up to 1300+ elo. However, i have developed some altogether good habits that get me in trouble as my elo sank. Before, I could rely on the ad carry or the ap carry to use the benefits i brought to the team to the maximum of potential. When ganking a lane, for instance, my ally would position him/herself in such a way to maximize the uptime and secure a kill. Or when playing a support I could rely on my ad carry to maximize his farm while keeping his damage recieved within the comfort of the sustain i could provide.

Now I admit i may have been spoiled in the past by above average players, but these days I cant help but think that my teammates are overwhelmingly outmatched by the enemy. Prime examples of this are when im matched with players who choose solo top or solo mid and get crushed in their lane. It has become commonplace for my solo lanes to be way behind in farm and kills to his opponent. I have played most of my games as a jungler and the way the lanes play out make me cringe.

Now with that out of the way, here is the point of the post. Is there any hope for me? Is there a way for me to continue playing team reliant roles and still do well, even as my ELO just sank below the 1200 threshold? Or should I just simpy drop the jungle and support and pick up a solo lane until a higher elo.
I have faith that I can perform my team reliant roles to the standards of ELO brackers above my own, but getting back to the teammates that make the role worthwhile is a severe pain in the arse.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

If you feel confident in your jungling, stick with it. At 1200 you're not even guaranteed to have a jungler, but its a great role for the team overall. A good jungler can turn a lost lane into a winning one. yes, you do need to have semi competent people in lane when you come gank, no you can't always count on that, but it gives you the best opportunity to win probably. 1200 elo is all about win laning, win game.

Now if you feel just as confident in your solo top play, a switch may not be bad, and may be good if someone else wants to jungle. Generally in ranked though I tell people to stick to your strengths. Thats going to win you the most games.

deatras

02-27-2012

thanks for the insight.

deatras

02-27-2012

ok that didnt work at all. I communicate with the team. I even organized invasions and such, but to no avail. Just this last game, In champ select, my fourth and fifth pick both pick ad carries.
The fifth pick says, I called ad carry, thats all i own and all my runes so deal with it.
In the same game, the jungler, mid, and i all invade and grab their red. prior to this I told my jungler, lee sin, that he was to grab their red and gank early with it. I said i was building a bullying build and needed him to gank my lane.
turns out after he grabbed their red and proceeded to jungle and not gank my lane, that he neglected to buy any items. So im stuck in a bully build with a level disadvantage to a wukong. Needless to say he gets out of hand because lee sins ganks are just him handing wukong red buff.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2012

Yeah, thats why I have a hard time playing ranked as often as I like. You can coordinate everything perfectly, but selfish people will still ruin it. And instead of listening to your attempts to try to turn it around, they get stuck at yelling at whoever's "fault" it is.

I think you and I have the same problem. We expect people playing ranked to at least understand the basics of the game...Still I don't believe in ELO hell and with enough banging your head on the keyboard, you will get out and eventually get to where you belong. Just how many headwounds do you want to endure doing it?

Hyosun

02-27-2012

I say when you can't rely on your teammates to gain the advantage then you have to do it yourself. A lot of games are won because there is that one fed as hell ap mid or solo top that the enemy cannot deal with whatsoever.

A lot of threads have been raised on the subject and the common response is to be that fed carry. If you played a really awesome support Janna then maybe you'd exert enough influence on the game ( not just during the laning phase ) to carry it.

BurntWalrus

02-27-2012

*Guy jungles an considers himself team player*

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.