Ranked solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

John is Kill

02-26-2012

I get into a lobby, and everything is going fine. We ban some people we don't want to face, and everything looks alright. People claim their position, I have fourth pick and have to be AD carry. We get to my pick and I choose Ezreal. Then everyone in the lobby gets butthurt and tells me we need a tank, and that we will be fine without a ranged AD carry. We have a Karthus, a Janna, and a Warwick at this point, plus me (Ezreal.) Our last pick was Wu Kong to solo top.After he locks in I think our team comp was fine, but three of them start spamming for me to queue dodge and that I am terrible because I didn't choose a tank. Was I wrong guys? They started talking trash and then someone dodged at the last second. I don't get it

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

You can win without a tank. Its called snowball comp typically where you snowball to the point where you do too much dmg too quickly to stop. Solo top/jungle should typically be your tank. You didn't have a solo top yet, they could have easily played an Irelia or something.

Plus, more than a tank, oftentimes you just need an initiate. WW ult can do that, Karthus flash in defile can do that. Take Gangplank top and use his ult as an initiate as well. There are options.

Metaphisto

02-26-2012

After all the defensive item nerfs and attack item buffs there's really not a huge point in going full tank anyway. Almost all of the melee champs should be built tanky dps. Very few defensive items are gold efficient to the point where they are better than any +damage items.

It really isn't even worth it to upgrade negatron cloak into anything except for maybe abyssal sceptre. QSS is good for champs like Ez and banshee's is useful in certain situations and on certain champions. Most games I just buy 1 or 2 negatron cloaks and I can survive almost all AP nukes. If I buy frozen heart and sunfire I can tank lots of damage, leaving 1 or 2 slots open for dps items (depending on if I have 1 or 2 negatron cloaks).

Hyosun

02-27-2012

your teammates were a bit ignorant. Wukong has a solid initiation and can go very tanky, plus warwick has great initiation and can go cdr/tanky/on-hit and provide another level of "beef" for your team.

Teams don't need the stereotypical "tank" yet your teammates have a VERY outdated view of what a team needs. I feel your team was just fine as your team had 2 bulky initiators and 3 strong aoe cc characters ( wukong, karthus,janna ) to teamfight properly.

Besides, what would you have picked at bot then to work well with Janna? Malphite/amumu/garen/jarvan/etc? Unless your support really knows what they're doing having an ad ranged carry + support bot is going to be optimal.