Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

tanky or dps for gangplank and garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NyCzChRiS

02-26-2012

what do you guys thing is better?

JogeCostanza

02-26-2012

Tanky Garen and a DPS Gangplank!

XunicorntwinkleX

02-26-2012

whenever i see an AD garen i lol.

tanky dps gangplank is pretty good. i usually get a warmong for all my melees just because that extra health being up up front in the middle of the fight is so helpful. but you need your crit and dmg for GP

I'd say brown boots>zeal>warmongs or giants belt then BF sword, then finish warmongs. after that you can go frozen mallet and atmas or just the warmongs and rest AD.

Shakuro

02-26-2012

I have always found that tanky Garen just ends up being a kill steal with his ulti. His Q does little damage, his spin is just a distraction and his ulti is only useful in a team fight where the enemy was going to die anyway.

AD garen (with a frozen mallet perhaps), can quite easily gank and wipe out enemies by himself with his q , e and r combo. Boots of swiftness, IE, Frozen mallet, Phantom dancer, etc. Mallet+atmas if you want to be somewhat tanky, but you should start out with a solid AD item.